Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by our people. As an innovative fast-growing global, Human Capital Management (HCM) technology company, join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Users around the world start and end their work day using the solutions we have developed.Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life balance. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk, and grow their businesses.
If you like having impact, the opportunities at Ceridian are endless!
We are proud of our many recent accomplishments, which include setting a record in the TSX as the largest tech IPO in Canadian history, having our leader recognized as a Top CEO by Glassdoor's Employees' Choice Awards for the third time, named Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2019, and one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for the 16th consecutive year!
We are looking for fun, talented, intelligent, team-oriented people who believe in our mission, and want to join a world-class growing organization.If you think you fit the bill, keep reading!
Find out why Ceridian is such a great place to work.
This position can be located at our Toronto, Ottawa, Winnipeg offices; or Virtual in the CST and EST time zones only.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Platform team to build and enhance the foundations of the Dayforce solution.
As a Software Developer:
What we are looking for:
- You will help build and transform the next generation UI Platform using modern UI frameworks such as React
- You will leverage your hands-on experience in problem solving and writing unit tests
- You will analyze, program, test and support your code
- You will create and enhance a scalable SaaS enterprise application
Good to have:
- Experienced front-end developer with ability to work with the full stack
- 3+years of experience with C#/Java, SQL
- Strong coding skills for object-oriented programming and SOA with advanced programming constructs such as multi-threaded programming, dependency injection
- Disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in close collaboration within an agile development team
- Excellent communication, documentation, and collaboration skills
About the Platform Team:
- Understanding of relational database systems
- Experience with Unit Testing Libraries/Frameworks such as Jasmine, Karma, JEST, Enzyme, NUnit
- Experience creating, maintaining, and documenting frameworks/libraries that are used by developers
- Enterprise software development experience
Show us your work:
- We develop core frameworks and components used as the foundation for building the Dayforce web application
- We are a close-knit team comprised of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers
- We are Agile with a huge appetite for continuous improvement
- We have regular team and company events
- We encourage learning and training; You will have access to training resources such as Pluralsight
We would love to see what you have worked on – point us to your projects on GitHub or any other source!
More about Ceridian:
At Ceridian we work hard and play hard too. Each office has its own unique Fun at Work experience which includes events such as social hours, team building competitions, and other fun occasions for all employees to enjoy. We believe in giving back to the communities that we live in, by volunteering our time and contributing to our own charity foundation, Ceridian Cares.
If you want to be part of a great work environment, incredible culture, and have impact on people’s daily lives, we would love to speak with you!
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.