Role: SharePoint Consultant
Please address your cover letter to the hiring team at Habanero, and make sure to share: (1) why you think Habanero would be a great place to work, and (2) an interesting problem you have solved in your professional career.
You're passionate about creating amazing workplace experiences! Your peers and clients describe you as knowledgeable, tech-savvy, collaborative and curious. You have experience building trusted relationships with clients and see yourself as a technical consultant keen to continue building specialty in SharePoint, Viva and Microsoft 365. So, we’d like to meet you!
A SharePoint consultant (or digital workplace consultant) at Habanero works with enterprise-sized clients to determine how their business can use Microsoft 365 and our GO Intranet most effectively. It’s okay if you don’t have perfect experience in all of the role description or technology listed below; if you can learn quickly and work well with others to solve challenges just in time, we’d like to hear from you!
Habanero is looking to add this exciting full-time intermediate role to our already awesome team anywhere across Canada! This means you can work remotely anywhere in Canada or from one of our downtown offices in Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto, we're flexible! As an organization, we are passionate about creating exceptional experiences for our clients and their employees, and we believe that the best solutions begin and end with people. This is where you come in.
To get a picture of what this role looks like, imagine yourself…
- Part of an inclusive and diverse team of Habs, passionate about helping people and organizations thrive
- Working with enterprise-sized clients to determine how their business can use Microsoft 365 most effectively
- Leading customer discovery and planning sessions to uncover employee experience challenges and insights to designing effective solutions
- Analyzing data from people analytics, surveys and ethnographic research to design exceptional digital employee experiences
- Learning on behalf of our clients in order to consult with knowledge and confidence on how workplace technologies, processes, systems and culture can be designed to help people and the organizations they work in thrive
- Working with clients and our awesome team of developers, designers, quality assurance specialists, and project managers to create award-winning solutions on our GO Intranet
- Supporting and evolving the solutions you help create
Chances are, you’re right for this role if you…
- Bring experience working in a client-facing role, helping create intranets and implementing digital workplace programs of work
- Are a good listener and clear communicator
- Are keen to seek clarity from ambiguity and embrace complexity
- Bring expertise in working with Microsoft SharePoint and/or Microsoft 365
- Have experience facilitating in-person interviews and workshops
- Are passionate about researching and analyzing client needs
- Have experience organizing content and designing information architectures
- Have portal management and governance knowledge
- Are technically curious and up to date on current digital workplace trends – especially SharePoint, Viva and Microsoft 365 updates
- Thrive in high-performing and non-hierarchical workplaces
If you plan on working remotely or from home regularly, you have...
- An appropriate remote work setup, such as a quiet space and a trusted and reliable internet connection
- Access to internet speeds of at least 15 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up (having the ability to connect via Ethernet for troubleshooting is required)
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience with information architecture, experience design, and/or measurement and analytics
- Experience with Power Platform, Power BI, ServiceNow and/or enterprise content management systems
The Hab hiring process
As mentioned above, please address your cover letter to the hiring team at Habanero, and make sure to share: (1) why you think Habanero would be a great place to work, and (2) an interesting problem you have solved in your professional career.
If we reach out, please expect a thorough interview process including some meet and greets with Habs, a 2-hour core competency interview and reference checks with past employers or other contacts. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all steps of our hiring process. While we’d love to meet everyone who applies, only those who are short-listed will be contacted. All applicants will receive a notification when the role is closed or filled. Thanks for taking the time to apply!
A little bit about Habanero
Habanero is a Canadian consulting company with offices in Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and Winnipeg. We are passionate about helping people and organizations thrive. We believe that every organization can be exceptional, and we help to humanize the world of work through the creation of modern workplaces and the cultural, communication, collaboration and content experiences that power them. Our solutions are globally recognized, and we have consecutively ranked as one of Canada's top ten best places to work for the last 11 years. Habanero is proud to be ranked #9 on the Great Place to Work® Canada List of Best Workplaces™ for 2021.
The best kind of work
Habanero is an organization where people who are creative, hard-working, friendly, honest and open come together to do great work. We have a shared passion for solving complex issues that will benefit other people and organizations. We only hire people we can count on, so you can be certain that you are joining a team of happy and competent team members. We service our clients and projects across Canadian time zones and consultants are resourced on cross-regional teams.
Supporting each other in personal growth
We are a lattice organization, meaning that there is no traditional hierarchy. There is no typical boss, and you don’t report to a manager. Instead, we have a more holistic approach to mentorship – we offer employee journey coaches who are there to help you with all things career and life. We believe it’s up to you to make the most out of your career, and we are here to support and encourage you every step of the way.
A diverse culture of clever humans
At Habanero, we celebrate diversity and inclusivity. We are committed to creating and supporting equal employment opportunities regardless of age, race, ancestry, ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability. We have included a personalized submission field in our application form to provide an additional opportunity for you to tell your story outside of the traditional resume and cover letter.
Our compensation package includes a technology allowance, a wellness allowance, flexible work hours, the option to work from home, health and dental coverage, a health spending account and RRSP matching. We also enjoy smaller perks like free snacks and drinks and group lunches where you can reconnect with your team after a long week. There are training and development opportunities for those who wish to continue evolving their skills. All employees start at three weeks of vacation.
Bringing life to work
Everyone at Habanero probably has their own story around this, but it's probably safe to say that it starts with people feeling like they can bring their whole selves to work. The cornerstone idea is that we want to support people having great lives, not just great work lives (we can't say our relationship begins at 9:00 and ends at 5:00). Other things we've heard make the difference for Habs:
- People starting their careers get to jump in and gain experience right away
- Employee journey support system (career coach)
- The culture of trust, transparency, inclusivity, collaboration, autonomy... to name a few
- The awesome people that work here (of course)
- Flexible work schedule
- Training and development opportunities when we can support them
We recently asked Habs to share what they feel makes us one of the Best Places to Work in Canada and the loudest response was 'our people' (with 'our teams' and 'balance' not far behind). So, if this sounds like something you want to be a part of, and you have the skills and experience to contribute, then we want to meet you!