Victoria Community Resources Society
Victoria Community resources Society (VCRS) provides residential support and day programming for adults with developmental disabilities living in the capital region. Since 1993,VCRS team members have been supporting individuals in all aspects of daily living. We believe all people, with or without disabilities, share the human experience together and that every human being is entitled to live a good life within his or her home. VCRS is looking for qualified applicants, with big hearts, who would like to make a positive contribution to the lives and communities of supported individuals. We are proud to offer competitive wages and benefits (extended health and dental) and a pension plan to eligible employees.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for experienced Community Support Workers who see the joy in assisting individuals live a positive and fulfilling life. We are seeking applicants who want to make a positive impact and those who take initiative to develop and access opportunities with the individuals we serve. Finally we are seeking individuals who are able to work an array of shift but specifically candidates able to work awake overnight shifts.
- Ensure each person’s right of self-determination within the parameters of the guiding principles, intentionality, moral leadership, and mentoring.
- Establish relationships with each person based on trust and empathy.
- Participate in safe and respectful health care planning and follow direction to maximize the individual's health and well-being.
- Assist with nursing intervention as required; and report health care needs to the Community Support Nurses and/or RN Care Manager.
- Provide personal care for each person in a safe and respectful manner.
- Contribute to the creation of a warm, welcoming, and comforting home for each person, recognizing the individual differences, values, and beliefs that create culture within the home.
- Maintain supportive relationships with each individual’s families, friends, and advocates.
- Participate in the upkeep, cleanliness, and maintenance of VCRS homes and vehicles.
- Complete meal preparation, laundry and other household duties.
- Participate in regular Team Meetings.
- Diploma in Health Care Assistant and membership with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- First Aid/CPR Certificate (or a willingness to obtain)
- Current and clear TB test (or a willingness to obtain)
- Current Criminal Record Check (or a willingness to obtain)
- Current BC Class 4 Driver’s License*
- Physician’s note stating you are free of any communicable diseases and
- Physically and mentally fit to carry out the assigned duties as a Community Support Worker.
- Possess excellent communication skills including reading, writing, listening, and talking
- Possess excellent ability to recognize and adhere to the spirit of community living including working cooperatively within a home setting with individuals, families, friends/advocates, CSWs, RNs, RN Care Manager, Executive Director, VCRS Board of Directors, and external health professionals
- Provide support based on unique relationships and individual competencies rather than task focused care.
- Possess health assessment skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent personal care skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit resumes and two written references to this posting.
Keywords: VCRS, community, support, care aid, personal support, HCA, RCA
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $20.40 /hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 4 Drivers Licence (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- Health Care Aide (Preferred)