Rasa is an authentic Indian restaurant in downtown Halifax. We are looking for team players who value service excellence and are excited to bring unmatched, 5-star hospitality to Halifax.
- Must be able to guide guests through the menu, answer questions, make recommendations, and suggest appropriate meals if required.
- Wine to table service required.
- Prepares the room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and cutlery.
- Check and ensure the cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Help customers select food and beverages by suggesting cocktails and appetizers; courses; explaining the chef's specialities; identifying appropriate wines; answering food preparation questions.
- Confirm orders with the chefs and bartenders whenever a clarification is requested.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording customers' choices; identifying customers' special dietary needs and special requests into the POS system.
- Ensure that all orders are accurate and brought to each table in a timely manner.
- Protect the establishment and customers by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Maintain the table setting by clearing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to customer spills or other special needs
- Responds to additional customer requirements by inquiring of needs; observing the dining process.
- Deliver accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Work closely with restaurant management to immediately address all customer concerns and create a pleasant dining experience
- Perform basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor
- After the customers leave, clear the entire table. Check for crumbs fallen around the table and clean as required.
- Obtains revenues by totalling charges; issuing bill; accepting payment; delivering bill and payment to the manager at the end of the day; returning change or credit card and signature slip to the customers.
Required: 2-3 years of serving experience
Asset: Knowledge of Indian cuisine.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Restaurant: 3 years (Required)