The research and development group at ProntoForms is growing. We're building out multi-disciplinary teams that combine product management, design, front- and back-end engineering, quality, and operations. We're excited about our product and the challenges ahead.
We're looking for engineers who are eager to work with us in the worlds of cloud and mobile. We are honored to have thousands of customers who rely on our product everyday to help run their organizations. Join us to help build the next round of innovation.
We are looking for experienced Android developers to join our growing team in Ottawa. Candidates should be able to provide valuable input and solve unconventional problems within a constrained mobile environment. We want someone who thinks mobile first, is up for a challenge and understands the direction Android is going and stays up to date on the best practices and latest trends in Android development. The primary product is a flexible application that encompasses all areas of mobile phone capabilities to collect data in various ways from location, maps, AI, custom UIs to audio and video. It is a dynamic and configurable product and therefore we need someone who can see the overall picture to help take the application to the next level. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
You will develop applications primarily in Java/Kotlin and using the Android SDK and therefore candidates must be proficient with Java and object-oriented programming, including software design and design patterns, Android Design Guidelines as well as standard development tools such as Android Studio.
And finally one of the biggest qualities we are looking for is passion for Android. We want someone who wants to master the Android framework and who is looking to grow personally and take their career to the next level.
Things we believe and care about:
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Work within a team and contribute to the architecture and direction of the Android application
- Work with Google developers in the Android for Work program to prototype new platform features and apply them to the ProntoForms Android app.
- Implement best practices for developing Android applications that target multiple devices and platform versions
- Design, develop and test applications from the ground up
- Work with outside data sources and REST APIs
- Develop/deploy Android applications using Java and Kotlin
- Troubleshoot, optimize and performance tune
- Innovate and brainstorm new features
- Maintain a strict data security posture in the application
- Maintain Android test automation systems
- Set up build configurations to integrate with client continuous integration and source control systems
- Set up and maintain automated testing systems
- Security and privacy of our customers and their data is paramount
- Small, autonomous teams are the best way to make things happen
- Innovation and product discovery are everyone's job
- You should argue like you are right, and listen like you are wrong
Required Experience / Skills
Looking for experienced Android developers.