heavy duty mechanic – D&S Bulldozing Ltd.
This is an ideal role for an experienced Heavy-DutyMechanic looking for an opportunity to be part of a new and growing team. If you are looking for a unique opportunity with a growing and innovative construction company, this is it!
- Equipment Management
- Responsible for diagnosis, repair and maintenance of equipment
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Develops and then follows checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems
- Conduct inspections as part of ongoing and preventative maintenance programs
- Prepare inspection, maintenance, work reports and record details
- Clean, lubricate and maintain all equipment, as scheduled and required
- Able to work with the D&S mechanic team to assist the Drivers and Operators to ensure as much uptime and utilization of equipment as possible Requirements
- 4 years experience in heavy equipment
- Valid current B.C. Drivers License
- Prior experience in working with air tracks, excavators, front-end loaders, compactors, backhoes an asset.
Thank you for your interest in our company. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted, only accepting candidates based in the Lower Mainland
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $30.00 /hour
- Mechanical Skills: 3 years (Required)
- Excavator / Loader / Trucks: 2 years (Required)
- Port Coquitlam, BC (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)
- Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Strong English (Required)