Central Zone, Dartmouth General Hospital
60077771 FMS Maintenance Facilities DGH
Type of Employment:
Permanent Hourly FT (100% FTE) x 1 position(s)
Support Bargaining Unit - NSGEU
Posting Closing Date:
Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date.
Nova Scotia Health Authority is the largest provider of health services in Nova Scotia. We are over 22,000 employees who provide health care and support services in hospitals, health centres and community-based programs throughout Nova Scotia.
Nova Scotia Health Authority provides health services to Nova Scotians and some specialized services to Maritimers and Atlantic Canadians. We operate hospitals, health centres and community-based programs across the province. Our team of health professionals includes employees, doctors, researchers, learners and volunteers that provide the health care or services you may need. This is accomplished across four geographic management zones which are responsible for the operation of acute care health centres and the provision of a variety of inpatient, outpatient services including academic, tertiary, quaternary care and community based programs and services including continuing care, primary health care, public health, and mental health and addictions.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Manager, Maintenance and Operations, the Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Technician performs a variety of skills related to the trade, which are required for the maintenance, repair, upgrading and installation of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and equipment for NSHA sites.
- Grade 12 plus completion of an approved air conditioning/refrigeration apprenticeship program.
- Nova Scotia Journeyman Refrigeration/Air Conditioning Certificate.
- Four years’ experience as a journeyman.
- Working knowledge of applicable safety codes.
- Demonstrated communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Eager to learn new skills and participate in on-the-job training.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in emergency situations.
- Valid training in the following would be considered an asset: WHMIS, confined space awareness, fall protection, Arc flash, first aid, lock-out tag-out and infection control.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers and other staff.
- Travel to other sites or throughout the province is required. Valid Nova Scotia driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application. Additionally, candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Hours of Work
Permanent Full-Time position, 75 hours bi-weekly.
This position is currently eligible for a Market Adjustment of approximately $170.62 bi-weekly. Eligibility for a Market Adjustment is reviewed periodically.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Typically interviews are held within three to four weeks of the closing date.
Successful external applicants will be required to submit the below documents and assume any associated costs as a condition of employment. Additional documentation such as banking & proof of identity will be included in your offer letter.
Criminal Record Check
Proof of education & training certifications
Proof of any additional required qualification
Valid registration with the relevant licensing body
Submission of immunization record along with health assessment documentation
Proof of SIN number
Hiring Process will depend on the timeliness of delivering the above. This is a Support bargaining unit - NSGEU position. Preference is given to bargaining unit employees for unionized positions. Nova Scotia Health Authority is proud to provide a smoke free and scent free environment. Only online applications are accepted.
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA) is committed to being a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. Our priority groups are Aboriginal People, African Nova Scotians, Persons with Disabilities and Recent Immigrants. Members of these groups are welcome to apply and self-identify if they wish to be considered under our Employment Equity policy.
Follow us on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NSHA.Recruitment/