Whistler Vacation Club at Twin Peaks is seeking energetic housekeepers with a passion for maintaining the highest housekeeping standards. These are full-time, permanent positions located in Whistler, British Columbia.
For this role, you must be living in, or be prepared to commute daily to Whistler.
Job duties and Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform cleaning duties including sweeping and washing floors, vacuuming carpets, changing towels and bed linens, making beds, washing windows and walls, cleaning bathroom fixtures and kitchen appliances, and dusting furniture;
- Clean and disinfect common areas such as hallways, bathrooms and elevators;
- Empty garbage and recycling containers, and pick up trash;
- Supply guests with additional items for their room such as towels, linens, and toiletries, as requested;
- Ensure that all housekeeping activities are carried out professionally, to company standards, and at the highest level of service;
- Check equipment to ensure that it is in working order;
- Select the most suitable cleaning materials for different types of linens, furniture, flooring, and surfaces;
- Report damage to rooms, furnishings and equipment and bring to the attention of management and/or supervisors the need for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations or replacement of items.
- Report and store items left behind in guest rooms;
Skills and Abilities:The successful candidate will:
- Previous housekeeping experience or completion of a related training course is preferred.
- Have a passion for cleanliness and pride in a job well done;
- Have a keen eye for detail;
- Have enthusiasm and passion for a positive, happy team environment;
- Be health and safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work place;
- Be mobile and aware of what is going on throughout the resort regarding housekeeping;
- Know this is not an office/administrative position; this is an active hands-on position;
- Take joy in special projects associated with guestrooms and public areas;
- Have the ability to work under pressure;
- Be able to spend majority of the day walking, bending, pushing and lifting;
- Have good energy and be physically active.
4365 Northlands Boulevard, Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
Language of Work:
40 hrs per week
$23 per hour with 4% vacation accrued and a ski pass benefit.
Interested candidates may apply by sending their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 1-604-385-4202.