Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
AutoCanada is a leading North American multi-location automobile dealership group currently operating 54 franchised dealerships, comprised of 23 brands, in eight provinces in Canada as well as 14 dealership locations, comprised of 12 brands in Illinois, USA. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of sales experts, automotive service technicians, and support staff from offices across Canada.
At AutoCanada, we know to be best-in-class in the industry and to succeed that we need the best people. That's why we are committed to hiring the very best people who can help us to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our associates with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
- A small base salary and fixed-commission structure
- Generous incentives for hard work and commitment
- A positive sales environment
- Flexible work environment
At AutoCanada we have learned that our successful sales people come from all backgrounds and all walks of life. The one characteristic that our most successful sales people have is common is – a strong work ethic. This is not the role for someone looking for a Monday - Friday 9 - 5 position. Our Product Advisors work very hard and are compensated generously for their commitment to success.
If the following characteristics resonate with you, chances are you have the makings of an incredible sales person and we want to chat with you!
- Strong work ethic
Dartmouth Dodge is an AutoCanada dealership and is proud to serve Dartmouth, Nova Scotia and the surrounding areas and we are looking to grow our already incredible sales team. As part of the greater sales team, reporting to the General Sales Manager, you will be responsible for working with our valued clients with the goal of successfully matching them with new or pre-owned vehicles while following the sales best practice framework. You will be successful in this role when you use your knowledge of the sales framework and leverage your passion for cars and your expertise related to customer service to increase sales revenue.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Listen to the client to enable meeting their needs.
- Be empathetic to the client’s needs, wants and concerns.
- Be patient and guide clients through the buying process supported by the established sales framework.
- Enhance the customer experience by demonstrating the vehicles features and conducting a test drive.
- Complete vehicle quotes and explain financing and warranty options for new and pre-owned vehicles.
- Transfer ownership of a vehicle utilizing an established delivery process which ensures the client understands the vehicles operating features and warranty.
- Become a product expert by attending sales meetings and training offered by the dealership and the manufacturer.
- Contribute ideas to and participate in the development and implementation of the dealership’s marketing and advertising initiatives.
- Meet sales goals and objectives and all required metrics related to the overall customer experience.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our valued clients to further promote the dealership’s brand within the market.
- Handle all internet, phone and live chat inquiries using a variety of tools such as social media., responding to clients via their preferred method of communication, answering questions and setting up appointments when appropriate.
- Manage the customer service experience by following up with clients to obtain feedback and request referrals.
- Create an exceptional client experience.
- Assist the dealership leadership team in ensuring the lot is optimally merchandised to maximize sales.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 6 months of experience in automotive sales.
- Post-Secondary education in business or a related discipline would be considered an asset.
- Friendly, approachable and supportive.
- The desire, willingness and ability to excel at sales.
- Ability to think like a customer, to provide the best possible sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with excellent negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to manage priorities, perform a variety of tasks and meet required deadlines and targets.
- Ability to work independently in a dealership environment as well as be part of a team.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- A person of high integrity who is trusted by others and consistently honors their commitments.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and resourceful.
- Results-driven and career focused individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to be successful.
- Intermediate level computer skills in MS Office products including Outlook, Skype Business, Excel, Word and other programs.
- Experience using CRM systems or automotive software systems would be considered an asset.
- Must be comfortable cold calling clients and spending time facilitating the sales process over the telephone.
- Must be a great listener and be willing to ask the client for their business and be willing to earn their business by providing an exceptional customer service experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a safe driving history.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.