Why join us?
OMERS (Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System) is one of Canada's leading pension funds. OMERS actively manages a diversified global portfolio of stocks and bonds as well as real estate, infrastructure and private equity investments. OMERS was established in 1962 to serve local government employees across Ontario. Today, OMERS represents approximately 1000 employers and 450,000 members, retirees and survivors.
OMERS is currently investing in our current pension system, enhancing the platform as well as processes within a new system.
As one of the key contributors the Test Automation Analyst will be responsible for developing and implementing a test automation strategy and deliver quality automated scripts to support the needs of Software project development and testing.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
Planning & Design
- Work with CRM system integration teams, non-functional requirements team, Scrum Master, Test Leads, business analysts and domain subject matter experts to develop test automation strategy to meet Overall test automation requirements
- Define, develop, and implement a re-usable, maintainable and high quality automation framework for the selected test automation tool (Azure DevOps, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium IDE).
- Develop and implement test automation best practices, standards and guidelines.
- Pro-actively work and coordinate with all teams and automation package users for change requests.
- Provide regular project / deliverable status and schedule update to PMO.
Implementation & Support
o Create and develop self-sufficient automation packages (data and test environment independent) to meet the needs of different test runs.
o To have the ability to use and test converted data (in addition to data created and maintained by its own scripts).
o Follow all relevant processes including but not limited to code review, defect management, check-in code/scripts to CM tool used in the program.
o Keep the packages updated for changes and fix any script defects.
o Execute the packages for teams before they are officially handed over to them.
o Create documentation for framework, code implementation, setup as well as user guides.
o Conduct handover review when the automated packages meet the quality requirements and are ready for test team(s) to use.
Training & Knowledge Transfer
To succeed in this role, you:
- Provide training to other members involved in test automation activity
- Provide training to all users on the use of automated packages
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or above in the field of Information Technology.
Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated experience software development projects in addition to QA and testing.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge and experience in test automation specifically using Selenium and Java as scripting language.
- Experience and advanced knowledge in SQL and Unix shell scripts.
- Experience in testing Web Services (REST, SOAP, XML, WSDL, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience in IT development projects in pension or insurance management.
- Additional experience and working knowledge in the following would be considered an asset:
o Azure DevOps
o Unit testing skills (JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment is essential.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- You are curious, creative, biased for action and love solving problems.
- Your strengths come from collaborating with others, reading, learning, and sharing your knowledge with the team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Founded in 1962, OMERS is one of Canada’s largest defined benefit pension plans, with $97 billion in net assets as at December 31, 2018. A jointly sponsored pension plan, with 1,000 participating employers, OMERS invests and administers pensions on behalf of almost half a million active and retired members. OMERS members include union and non-union employees of municipalities, school boards, transit systems, electrical utilities, emergency services and children’s aid societies across Ontario. Contributions are funded equally by members and employers. OMERS has employees in Toronto, London, New York, Amsterdam, Luxembourg, Singapore, Sydney and other major cities across North America and Europe – originating and managing a diversified portfolio of high-quality investments in public markets, private equity, infrastructure and real estate.