School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
PO Box 250, Ashcroft, BC V0K 1A0
250 453 9101 FAX: 250 453 2425
SCHOOL LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Principal, Sk’il’ Mountain Community School POSTING EXTENDED
The Gold Trail School District invites applications for the position of Principal, Sk’il’ Mountain Community
School. Sk’il’ Mountain Community School is a school that operates as a partnership between Tsal’alh First
Nation and the Gold Trail School District.
Delivering public education for nineteen First Nation Bands and approximately 1,100 students in the five
municipalities of Clinton, Cache Creek, Ashcroft, Lytton and Lillooet the Gold Trail School District is located
in the beautiful south central region of British Columbia.
The successful applicant will be a dynamic educator who has demonstrated the following qualities:
- Leadership experience with Kindergarten to Grade 9 school programs and curriculum.
- Successful leadership of innovative student achievement initiatives.
- Ability to produce and support a positive school culture.
- Evidence of exemplary teaching experiences.
- Skilled in all aspects of supervision for and of learning.
- Exceptional ability in working collaboratively with students, staff, parents and community to enhance
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Enhancement Agreement and commitment to improving
success for Indigenous learners.
- Highly successful experience working with Indigenous communities.
- Demonstrated experience establishing a welcoming learning environment that creates a sense of
belonging for all students.
- BC Professional Teaching Certificate.
- Master’s Degree, or working toward completion.
Video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDlAQWFELnY
Your application package will provide supporting documentation including BC Professional Teaching
Certificate and evidence of a Master’s Degree (or work toward the completion of a post graduate degree in a
relevant field). This position commences as soon as possible. Applications marked “Leadership Opportunity
– Sk’il’ Mountain Community School” will be accepted until 4:00 p.m., 19 August 2020, by:
Teresa Downs, Superintendent
School District #74 (Gold Trail)
PO Box 250, Ashcroft, BC, V0K 1A0
Email applications will be accepted at email@example.com
The Gold Trail School District has received approval from the Human Rights Tribunal allowing preferential
hiring to persons of Indigenous ancestry. The District may give preference in hiring to persons of Indigenous
ancestry who possess the necessary qualifications over other applicants until such time as the percentage of
staff of Indigenous ancestry in the School District is equal to the percentage of students of Indigenous ancestry
in the School District.
Gold Trail respectfully acknowledges that the land on which we gather is the unceded and
traditional territory of the Nlaka’pamux, St’at’imc and Secwepemc First Peoples.