Purpose of the Position: To provide accurate and timely handling of internal and external orders.
Scope: Responsible for all material handling and stocking at the plant; authorized, safe operation of cranes, torches, saws and delivery vehicles.
Primary Responsibilities: The Warehouseman/Yardman’s primary responsibilities are; but not limited to, the following:
- Assist customers in selecting materials (from a non-engineering, non-liable perspective).
- Load customer/Varsteel vehicles/trailers in the safest practical way as per shipping orders, sales orders and bills of lading.
- Ensure trailers are loaded so materials can be secure as per D.O.T. Load Securement Regulations * Crosschecking each order to the material loaded onto the trucks prior to initialing the shipping or sales order.
- Consistent final inspection of all outgoing material. * Record heat numbers on all outgoing material. * Participate in inventory count.
- Unload any incoming material to its designated rack or bins.
- Reporting of any equipment requiring maintenance or repair.
- Safe operation of all applicable equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping standards.
- Any other assigned duties as required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
The Warehouseman/Yardman will possess the following requirements:
- Behave in a professional and courteous manner.
- Participate in all health and safety training required by Varsteel.
- Experience with cranes, wood saws, chop saws, torches and various hand tools.
- Valid Class 5 drivers license.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Provincial Health and Safety Legislation.
Reference ID: Mar2320
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 /hour
- Certified Overhead Operator (Preferred)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)
- Load and unload trucks
- Move and stack materials
- General housekeeping duties in the warehouse or production area and duties as assigned
- Follow forklift operating guidelines and procedures
- Perform proper forklift inspection, minor servicing and repairs as necessary