ON ROAD SALES REPRESENTIVE – GTA & Surrounding area
Fiberlinks is a Montreal based, privately held group of consumer product companies servicing retail across North America.
Symak Sales is a well-established, recognized provider of over five thousand value-oriented products across numerous categories; Stationary, Pet, Home Textiles, Home Hardware, Storage, Kitchen, Bath, Toys, key national branded products and more. We are introducing hundreds of new items each year.
Recently purchased, the new owners have an aggressive sales strategy for Symak and we are looking for the right sales representative for the Greater Toronto area and outlying areas to cover all dollar and discount stores.
The potential for this region is significant. We are looking for a goal-oriented self-motivated sales representative familiar with this retail sector who enjoys life on the road.
If you think that you recognize yourself as this person and want to be part of an aggressively growing consumer product company and you think that you have what it takes to drive sales in this region, then we want to hear from you.
Responsible for the efficient and effective sales visits to a full regional listing of accounts, ensuring optimization of all sales/margin in their territory.
The primary responsibility for this role is to develop business and grow sales, while maintaining and improving margin. This is currently a strong territory, but it is not yet optimized. We want to evaluate the account base in detail and ensure that all product lines are optimized and that all new product lines are being placed.
This regional sales representative will be responsible for identifying opportunities and ensuring that they are effectively acted upon.
The core of the current portfolio of accounts will be serviced directly with the sales rep. We are certain that not all accounts are covered.
*Distributer accounts will be managed by head office
The sales representative will be responsible for meeting or exceeding the expected sales growth plans for GTA & for 2019/20 as well as:
- Responsible for all pre bookings
- Meeting or exceeding all sales and margin benchmarks to be determined and signed off by VP, signed off by President.
- Responsible for trade show management and evaluation of ROI
- Responsible for executing on all new product launches and getting placement
- Responsible for executing on all promotional offers to generate sales
- Meet with sales reps within the area to help them to grow sales with specific wins from sales representative’s portfolio
- Travel to key customers to resolve any and all issues
- Identify at risk or significant potential by account
- Responsible for field feedback on product, pricing, merchandising and more
- Act as a resource for comp shop/market knowledge, product quality and pricing inclusive of planograming for all of Ontario, under direction from head office
- Support all Head Office Initiatives by supporting them, explaining them and audit that they are implemented in the field.
- Support queries from all sales reps in the field in Ontario; Marketing, accounting, customer service and customer care
- Collaborate on product and marketing initiatives
- Work with VP on change to account listing and commission for new business and special promotion. Advising Quebec sales reps of all amendments and special circumstance.
- Support the effectiveness of sales meetings working with VP
- Other assorted requests in support of sales and margin objectives, either directly or indirectly related.
- Trade Shows & other Sales Events
- Sales performance meetings
- New Product launch meetings
- We are a hands-on management team accessible to our team on the road
- We have a strong customer service/care team at head office who can support your clients’ needs.
- We have an expanding marketing effort that supports mailing promotions direct to customer.
- We also have an in-house product development team who are highly responsive to market opportunities
- As this is an established region and we are making the move to have exclusive sales representation, the compensation will be based on a blend of sales history and sales projections. Compensation will be in the form of a draw against commission with a base salary.
- Bonus structure can be discussed based on aggressiveness of the agreed to sales projections.
Job Type: Full-time