peopleCare was honoured as one of Canada’s 50 most engaged employers four years in a row. We are a growing family-based organization in long-term care. We strive to exceed expectations. Our staff are engaged and enthusiastic about providing excellent care to our residents. We are constantly evolving and encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas. We are looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, and we are growing exponentially as we expand our horizons and continue to open a new world of opportunities to honour our mission to change the world of Senior Living!
We are looking for your talents and ideas. If you enjoy challenges, strive to increase efficiency, and enjoy working with people – then apply to the great leadership opportunity below!
As a member of the peopleCare team, this position will provide administrative, accounting and payroll support for the Administration and Nursing offices, while ensuring efficient office practices. This position provides the initial contact representing the corporate mission, vision and values to resident families and all other visitors. Maintains confidentiality of all financial, personnel and resident data while assisting the Executive Director.
Reports to: Executive Director/Administrator
- Participates in morning huddle.
- Orders or delegates orders of administration supplies for the home.
- Maintains office systems.
- Complete forms as required or directed.
- Maintain current knowledge of information required by various government or other agencies regarding residents.
- Maintain and prepare internal reports for home as required.
- Process paperwork associated with Resident admission on day of admission, contracts, OAS, involuntary separation etc.
- Provide secretarial or executive services for committees, as may be required.
- Provide administrative assistance for special events.
- Request repairs for office equipment as required.
- Participate in the accreditation process.
- Represent a positive customer service profile.
- Provide IT Support.
- Order resident and staff name plates/badges.
- Responsible for one-mail-email
- Admits new residents to PCC
- Supervised by Financial Controller for accounting functions and related bookkeeping.
- Manage payments and queries concerning billing from residents and/or families.
- Responsible for annual rate changes
- Prepare bank deposits, and forward appropriate documentation to Accounting department in Tavistock.
- Manage petty cash in the home.
- Maintain resident trust accounts in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Process Accounts receivable, resident billing and census information.
- Ensure all appropriate documentation related to accounts payable and accounts receivable is forwarded to Accounting.
- Complete Ministry of Health applications for Rate Reduction and exceptional circumstances in conjunction with resident/family as required.
- Assist with High Intensity Needs funding claims.
- Liaise with private insurance companies for residents, as required.
- Reviews payroll variance in conjunction with timecard exceptions and reconciled.
- Maintain and coordinate staff birthday cards and recognition programs.
- Ensure current knowledge of pay rates, conditions of collective agreements, overtime and sick pay arrangements, holiday pay etc.
- Provide requested information to employees or supervisors which is routine in nature.
- Ensure new employees have completed all appropriate Employment Data Forms and Benefit Enrolment Forms.
- Inform new employees of available benefits.
- Assist staff in submitting benefit claims, as required.
- Maintain personnel files, including performance reviews, in-service and education records.
- Coordinate performance review schedules.
- Maintain the Attendance Management Program for all departments.
- Manage special projects as required.
- Displays an attitude that is focused on working safely and ensuring that the work environment is safe and healthy.
- Uses safe work practices.
- Reports any actual or potential hazard to the immediate supervisor.
- Uses or wears personal protective equipment (or clothing) as required.
- Promptly reports personal injury to supervisor and seeks first aid as needed.
- Participates in fire safety activities and knows the facility fire and disaster plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years progressive related experience
- 2 year college diploma in business administration or equivalent
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- office management: 1 year (Preferred)