FRANK Architecture is an award-winning architecture and interiors firm located in Calgary’s Beltline.
We are a group of interior designers, architects and technologists who operate in a team-based studio environment. We offer successful candidates the opportunity to collaborate in all facets of design in a quality focused, fast paced, client centred environment.
FRANK Architecture is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equality, and inclusion. For all positions please send your resume and portfolio in PDF format.
Please note that only candidates that are eligible for available positions will be contacted.
This role is a fluctuating role, and highly dependent on the scale of project you are working on.On larger projects, you should be focused on supporting, producing and executing under the direction of the Senior Designer.On smaller projects, you will act as the lead designer, project manager and also be expected to execute the design through to project completion.
As an Intermediate Designer, you will:
- Collaborate on concept, schematic and design development with intermediate/senior designer or partner (depending on the scale of the project);
- Manage/Assist the process of coordination and the schedule with the consultant team;
- Generate of presentation material (computer models, drawings, precedent images);
- Manage project documentation delivery and properly maintain project records (meeting minutes and digital presentations)
- Production of design and construction drawings in alignment with Company standards and quality;
- Prepare construction documents and review specifications;
- Coordinate building and development permit submission documents, including record keeping and ensuring filing is completed on each project at critical milestones (schedules, paperwork for submissions etc.);
- Reviewing and checking specifications and project details;
- Meet project criteria and deliver documents to meet deadlines on time;
- Organize specifications and occasionally organize procurement orders of selected and specified FF&E, accessories and related;
- Meet with vendors, suppliers and contractors to review interior needs and determine can provide the best competitive service;
- Coordinate and manage the installation and arrangement of fixtures, art, and accessories.
What you bring to FRANK:
- Degree in Interior Design, Master of Architecture or Equivalent
- 5-10 years of experience in an architecture/interiors office
- In pursuit or recently registered as an Architect or LID
- Proficient in design and rendering software skills (i.e. AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Have experience in architectural design and presentation; demonstrate creativity in design
- Fluent in Alberta Building Code
- Fluent in permitting process
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate with other team members and to collaborate with other professional disciplines
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interior Design Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- design and rendering software skills (AutoCAD, SketchUp): 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- In pursuit or recently registered as an Architect (Preferred)
- In pursuit or recently registered as an LID (Preferred)