- Principal focus on IFRS public company audits including ‘go-public’ transactions
* Form part of engagement team for audits, reviews and other assurance/advisory work
* Notice-to-reader engagements
* Preparation of tax returns (T1’s, T2’s,T3’s, T4’s, T5’s, GST/HST, other) and assisting senior staff with tax planning initiatives
- Perfect fit for candidate looking to: save a downtown commute; join a local midsized firm to make more of a contribution; lack of advancement opportunities in current role; and take on challenging and varied work assignments
- Other perks:
* Obtain assurance and other hours required for CPA designation
* Firm covers cost of CFE courses and exams; paid study leave days; formal exam support program and training
* Join firm group benefits plan
* Phone/travel/meals/professional development/CPA dues/other paid by firm
* Commission on clients introduced to firm
* Flexible/remote working arrangements available
* Two weeks’ vacation (three for successful CFE writers)
* Various paid employee appreciation days during the year (before holidays, after busy season, etc.)
· Recently recognized as top performer by Canadian Accountant for growth in public company clients: http://www.canadian-accountant.com/content/profession/regional-accounting-firms-gained-new-publicly-traded-audit-clients-in-2020
· * Youthful, progressive, and rapid growth firm.
· * Embraces technology to enhance client assignments and firm management.
· * Current staff roster is 35+ and hiring is continuous.
· * Large and expanding network contributing to 100% organic growth.
· * Firm moving to more specialty/advisory work such as ‘go-public’ transactions, international tax, valuations (in-house CBV) and other.
· * Just renovated modern 6,500 square foot office at 401/427 - Large office permits physical distancing as part of firm’s formal Covid-19 staff safety policies and protocols.
· * Roster of public companies and private companies seeking listing is over 45 and growing; in trendy sectors such as eGaming, cannabis, psychedelics, technology, telecom, financial (including fintech) and pharmaceuticals.
· - Many clients have foreign operations which creates opportunities for challenging cross-border work and collaboration with foreign component auditors.
· - Lots of exciting ‘go-public’ advisory work with startup companies.
- 0 – 12 months public accounting experience
- Working towards CPA designation
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks, TaxPrep/Profile, and CaseWare
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, ASPE, CAS and tax compliance/planning
- Ability to complete engagements under supervision of intermediate associates and senior associate; coordinate directly with clients
- Strong understanding of a client-focused environment; including the ability to work to meet deadlines and manage concurrent engagements
- Ability to identify and resolve engagement issues
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with clients, co-workers, and other firm contacts
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Internally motivated, lifelong learner and desire to progress through organization
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Temporarily due to COVID-19