HomeEquity Bank is the leading national provider of reverse mortgages to homeowners aged 55 and over, Canada’s fastest growing demographic segment. HomeEquity Bank originates and administers Canada’s largest portfolio of reverse mortgages under the CHIP Home Income Plan™ brand. New mortgages are originated on a direct to consumer basis as well as through referral arrangements with the six largest banks, leading mortgage brokers and financial planning firms. HomeEquity Bank has been the main underwriter of reverse mortgages in Canada since its predecessor; Canadian Home Income Plan Corporation pioneered the concept in 1986. HomeEquity Bank has a highly effective direct-to-consumer distribution model (B2C), as well as an established referral network (B2B), including Canada’s major banks, credit unions, financial planners and mortgage brokers.
HomeEquity Bank is exceptionally well positioned for further growth for a number of very important reasons: 1) positive demographic trends in the 55 years old and over segment, 2) wider awareness and growing demand of reverse mortgages in the market, 3) significant barriers to entry for competitors, and 4) HomeEquity Bank’s firm position as market leader.
The Programmer/ Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements.
End- to- end design and development of custom software, in accordance with HomeEquity Bank’s development methodologies, technologies, and guidelines, including:
- Effort estimation and planning
- Design and development of front-end user experience
- Design and development of backend components, API’s and services.
- Database design and tuning.
- Effective testing, using automated techniques where available.
- Create technical documentation to ensure
- knowledge transfer.
MAJOR ELEMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Peer reviews and retrospectives to provide and receive feedback on the overall effectiveness of the team, including:
- Defining and maintaining development standards
- Code refactoring
- Process improvements
- Troubleshooting technical problems and collaborating on potential resolutions.
- Assists tech leads and senior team members with task estimation when required.
- Assists tech leads and senior team members with software design tasks when required.
- Researching and prototyping new technology and technical solutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in computer science or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in software design and development.
- Exceptional ability to understand complex business processes and rules,
with a demonstrated ability to provide simple technical solutions to support them.
- Exceptional analysis, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent knowledge of core development patterns and best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft development stack:
- • Visual Studio Professional 2017 +
- • SQL server 2016
- • .NET Framework
- • C#
- • MVC, WebAPI
- Report design with SSRS
- ETL using SSIS
- Excellent knowledge of web development technologies:
- Responsive design
- Frameworks such as Bootstrap 3.0, bootgrid, jQuery, Select2, and Moments
- Excellent knowledge of testing methodologies including test automation
using Visual Studio.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with multiple
stakeholders, such as peers (technical and non-technical), business
stakeholders, and third-party vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize multiple
responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with project team members
on complex development projects.
- Experience in the financial industry considered an asset.
- Experience with the following technology considered a strong asset:
- - Salesforce – Administration, Apex and/or Lighting development
- - Google Big Query
- - FiveTran ETL
- - Looker
- - Python
Individuals must comply with the Bank’s AML, Fraud and Privacy Policies and procedures and be vigilant in the detection and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud and the safeguard of all client information.
HomeEquity Bank complies with the Employment Equity Act. Our Employment Equity program is intended to help ensure that all Canadians have the same access to the labour market and to ensure the full representation of members of the four designated groups which include: women, visible minorities, Aboriginal People and Persons with Disabilities.
If you would like more information on the HomeEquity Bank please visit: www.homeequitybank.ca. If you'd like to find out more about the CHIP Home Income Plan solution, please visit www.chip.ca.