Reporting to the General Manager, and working closely with the senior management team, the Manager Fleet, Maintenance & Business Development is accountable for the safe and efficient operations and management of the fleet, maintenance and security of all facilities and equipment, and the identification and development of new business. Leading, coaching, training and developing a team of drivers, the Manager achieves maximum efficiency in logistics and customer service, while maintaining the fleet is in perfect and safe working order. The Manager is accountable for the entire repair and service of equipment, including regular inspections, preventive maintenance, carrying out repair work, and out-sourcing when required. With a strong mechanical aptitude, the Manager maintains and repairs various materials handling equipment, four single axle box trucks, and three facilities. Through the team of drivers, the Manager develops and executes an effective business development to increase customers and volumes, while enhancing and promoting the Bottle Depot’s reputation in the community.
A strong and effective leader, the Manager Fleet, Maintenance & Business Development:
- Sets a fast pace and production-oriented focus for the drivers and other employees, and establishes and achieves the highest levels of performance and commitment from him / her self and others;
- Leads, develops, trains, coaches, manages, and directs the team of drivers, participates fully in the wage review processes, motivating them to deliver superior customer service while looking for new opportunities to increase volumes and improve customer service;
- Ensures drivers are trained on all equipment, and uses checklists and quality assurance programs to maintain the safety and maintenance of the fleet;
- Implements and executes a regular maintenance program, including preventive maintenance and emergency maintenance as required, and assesses and selects external suppliers for outsourced maintenance and repairs;
- Manages the security at each facility, ensuring alarms are used, monitored, and responded to.
- Maximizes existing customer relationships, ensures the drivers are delivering exceptional customer service, and develops and achieves goals in business development by identifying emerging opportunities, making sales calls and networking;
- Analyzes and monitors daily, weekly, monthly, annual, volumes & production levels, and participates fully in the development and implementation of appropriate corrective actions;
- Assesses current processes and systems for efficiency and effectiveness, and identifies opportunities for improvements in structure (physical plant), processes, driver routes and scheduling;
- Pitches in and lends a hand to alleviate backlogs, promote customer service, and model team behaviour;
- Demonstrates an unquestioned passion and commitment to Bottle Depot’s success by readily investing the time, effort and commitment needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree, diploma, certificate in Business, Management, Accounting, Finance, Administration, and /or relevant Trade certification and 4 years relevant industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude;
- Strong organization skills, self motivated, and excels in a fast-paced environment;
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and use of the internet;
- Experience managing people and operational processes.
- Leadership & Vision : Provides positive direction and inspires the best efforts of others in accomplishing goals; generates cooperation and commitment; earns the respect and confidence of others;
- People Management : Conveys confidence in others ability to do their best; fosters a sense of energy, ownership, and personal commitment to the work; addresses and resolves conflicts openly, directly, and constructively, in a way that ensures discussions are focused on the issues and not on the people involved; knows when and how to recognize above and beyond efforts in ways that are meaningful to the recipient; inspires respect, trust, and commitment.
- Initiative & Drive : Demonstrates a passion and a clear commitment to the success of Bottle Depot and its employees; conveys a strong sense of urgency and drives issues to closure; does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles; gets results that have a clear, positive, and direct impact on business performance and achieving strategic objectives.
- Financial & Business Acumen : Chooses appropriate courses of action to maximize revenue, profitability, and other financial results; draws accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information; identifies and uses the key financial and statistical indicators necessary to measure business performance; makes prudent decisions regarding significant expenditures.
- Time Management & Multi-tasking: Manages and juggles many priorities and competing demands for one’s time; acts resourcefully to ensure that the work is completed within specified time and quality parameters; removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track; accomplishes goals personally and using effective delegation.
- Maturity / Integrity / Ethics: Displays appropriate self confidence & self esteem; maintains the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct; and understands the impact of violating these standards on the organization, self, and others; acts as an effective role model.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 4 years (Required)
- Diploma/Certificate (Required)
- Drivers License (Class 5) (Required)