Job Number: 79373
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Organization: EMERGENCY JH
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 0.01
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: ONA Local 70
Minimum Salary: 33.2300 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 47.5700
Post Date: Dec 31, 2019, 5:00:00 AM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Jan 7, 2020, 4:59:00 AM
Emergency Services provides acute care for both adults and children. The Juravinski Hospital's focus is primary care and regional oncology.
As a member of the healthcare team, the Registered Nurse coordinates and evaluates patient care and provides nursing care according to the job description and Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses in the Emergency Department.
Schedule Work Hours
days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
1. Current Certificate of Competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse in good standing
2. Previous Emergency Department experience as a registered nurse (within 2 years) will be given preference
3. Successful completion of the HHS Critical Practice orientation program will be given preference
4. Current BCLS (basic cardiac life support) certification
5. Understanding of, and commitment to applying principles of Elder Friendly Care
6. Able to problem solve and apply critical thinking skills in a rapidly changing environment
7. Commitment to working as an integral part of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the best care for all.
8. Commitment to providing an Excellent Patient Experience with each patient/family
9. Commitment to ongoing learning within and outside of the workplace including ACLS, PEARS, TNCC, critical care certificate.
10. Evidence of consistent attendance and punctuality
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact HR Services at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement