Job Overview: Direct communications and design routes for drivers to ensure logistics services are provided efficiently and client orders are picked up/delivered within requested time frames.The successful candidate will rely upon their knowledge of computer and software systems, multi-tasking, and organizational skills to ensure client service is efficient.The successful candidate must display an ability to adapt to changing circumstances within pressure-laden environments. As a Dispatcher, the successful candidate will be responsible for responding to client and driver inquiries while addressing various order issues.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Rely upon knowledge and familiarity of Greater Toronto Area roads and Ontario postal codes to identify and develop multiple routes for independent operator drivers to provide courier services daily.
- Facilitate communications between clients and independent operator drivers.
- Analyze courier systems software and other relevant resources to identify variables that concern, and may affect, client-service standards, pickup and delivery times.
- Determine the most appropriate routes for independent operator drivers to ensure orders are delivered efficiently and within the delivery time window requested.
- Monitor, and adapt to, changing circumstances that may affect client-service and order delivery times; utilize analysis and organizational skills to identify route alternatives that will mitigate delays in client-service.
Communication and Relationship Management
- Communicate regularly with independent operator drivers to identify their current and expected locations, as well as their availability and cargo capacity.
- Collaborate with supervisors and clients to modify driver routes and to satisfy operational strategies.
- Utilize oral and written communication skills to address client inquiries, complaints, and, feedback.
- Cultivate strong relationships with independent operators and clients to ensure all parties will be satisfied should amendments be required to daily routes or client-service expectations.
Operational & Business Service Support
- Provide all operational and business service support, as required, on a day-to-day basis.
- Utilize company assets in a safe and responsible manner
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to effectively prioritize and organize competing tasks within time-sensitive circumstances and pressure-laden scenarios.
- Strong computer and software skills, including experience utilizing and operating various courier software, such as Courier Complete, Digital Waybill and other similar software.
- Ability to maintain composure under stressful, pressure laden circumstances and to react appropriately, while utilizing sound judgment.
- Refined computer application processing and data entry abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Courier Complete, and other platforms.
- Ability to utilize active listening and refined written and oral communication skills with independent operator drivers, clients, colleagues, and supervisors.
- Analysis skills to identify and ensure client orders are dispatched, monitored, and delivered within the requested pick-up and delivery window.
- Dispute resolution and deescalation abilities when facing conflicts regarding client inquiries and driver issues.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with independent operator drivers, clients, and colleagues, and supervisors.
- Ability to develop and maintain a clear radio and telephone voice.
- Knowledge of the Greater Toronto Area roads and Ontario postal codes
- Refined computer application processing and data entry abilities, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Courier Complete, and other platforms
- NOTE: Candidates must be reliable and punctual and display a willingness to learn.
*Compensation based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00 to $48,000.00 /year
- Dispatch: 2 years (Preferred)