Atlas Copco is currently looking to hire a dynamic and competent Service Technician to work in Barrie, ON. The candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision within well-defined guidelines, who preferably has a background in servicing Atlas Copco products.
Reporting to the National Service and Operations Manager, the candidate will be required to maintain and repair the most complex air compressors, generators and construction tools at assigned Atlas Copco Power Technique locations as well as customer locations as necessary to ensure that equipment operate effectively, efficiently, and safely.
- Perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on portable air compressors, engines, generators and construction tools
- Preventive maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope).
- Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment.
- Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor.
- Provide basic tools to accomplish job along with normal maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations.
- Complete in a timely manner all documents including work orders, quotations, inspection reports and all reporting that is required.
- Required to complete mechanical engine repairs for clients
- Supervise the employees’ performance
- Manager the work orders
- Submit monthly reports as required
- Handle, address all customer inquiries in a timely manner and demonstrate professionalism
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain a high level of product and product application knowledge.
- Possess a thorough understanding of machine functions and systems.
- Utilize corporate SAP software and quotation tools.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Apprenticeship/ Trade / College diploma or equivalent working experience
- Five (5+) years of directly related work experience along with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Encompass a good understanding of computers and associated software to support performance of daily activities. This includes but is not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of Atlas Copco Construction Equipment products would be a definite asset.
- Must be able to manage multiple dealers and their multi-layer personnel organizations (corporate management to field mechanics).
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Respond to all phone and fax inquiries for Technical Support / Parts from our operations and external customers within the expected time frame.
- Promote and model an interactive and open environment at all times, liaising with our National Service Manager, Operations and Sales to developing process improvements where possible.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual - must be able to communicate, write, read in French.
- Lift up to 50 lbs., bend, stoop, squat, reach, crouch, and kneel.
- May stand for long periods of time, work in unprotected weather elements, wear steel-toed shoes and other required protective equipment, enter and exit vehicle appointed to drive.
- Able to read instructions, numbers and write legibly in English.
- Must be able to travel as required.
Job Type: Full-time
- mechanical: 1 year (Required)