To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, we are looking for a high energy, results focused individual.
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort is the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.8 million customers across North America.
Our organization has doubled in size and team members over the past 5 years and we are incredibly proud to be recognized by:
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada’s Most Admired CEO (Sean O’Brien)
- Glassdoor as “Best Places to Work in Canada”
Each day, 2,300 Reliance team members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, developing top talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2018 alone, we have donated over $700,000.00 to United Way and Habitat for Humanity.
Why work with us?
- A generous compensation plan
- Relocation assistance may be provided to the qualified incumbents
- A comprehensive benefits package and group savings plan
- On-going professional development training and advancement opportunities
- WorkPerks savings program
- History of no lay-offs
- Goodlife Corporate Membership discount
- Ability to promote, educate, and communicate effectively to customers various HVAC options.
- Perform all maintenance, service, and installations by following manufacturer specifications.
- Adhere to all safety rules and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements.
- Represent Reliance in a professional, courteous and customer service oriented manner on each call.
- You are a proud ambassador for our company.
- Maintain, repair, perform diagnostics, on operation of existing residential equipment.
- Perform general and specific equipment inspections.
- Correctly instruct customers on proper care and maintenance.
- Explain the value of Reliance products, services andprograms on every call.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all modern equipment and regulations.
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Must meet Company requirements concerning general qualifications.
- Completed a minimum of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Must have a Gas Technician II license.
- Received certificate of qualification (C of Q) as an Air Conditioning Mechanic (Ontario – 313d).
- Must have valid Ozone Depletion Prevention (ODP) card.
- Must have at least a Class G Driver’s License.
- 3 – 5 years of field experience in service of Water Heaters & HVAC equipment, would be an asset.
- Be willing and able to work rotating shifts and standby duties as required.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position, i.e. occasional lifting of 15 kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both in written and verbal communications.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/ electricity).
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Must be willing to wear a uniform.
- Maintain company vehicle to a neat clean and safe standard.
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check and Driver’s Abstract be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $32.19 to $33.92 /hour
- G Drivers Licence (Required)
- Gas 2 Ticket (Required)
- ODP Certificate (Required)
- 313d/313a (Preferred)