Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits is the #1 importer of wine in Canada, with one of the largest dedicated national Sales & Marketing organizations in the industry. We proudly represent a diverse portfolio of luxury wines, premium spirits and import beer brands from around the world. Our culture is unapologetically fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and results driven.
Reporting to the Forecast Manager, the Forecast Analyst is responsible for creating highly accurate demand forecasts to be utilized in planning of production and ordering at the SKU level. Working closely with the Forecast Manager, the incumbent will deliver clear, actionable plans to improve forecast accuracy and reduce inventory holding costs through process and tool improvements. Working with key partners (marketing, sales, supply chain, operations, IT and finance), the Forecast Analyst will help to develop plans and implement processes to meet company established targets.
*This role is an 8 month contract.*
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Forecast Manager in the development of forecast process mapping by region
- Utilize Forecast Pro to develop monthly demand forecasts, incorporating brand managers’ assumptions on planned promotional activities
- Monitor seasonality, market trends, competitive activity and inventory on-hand stock and value levels
- Present in monthly meetings with portfolio managers to review forecasts generated by Forecast Pro and confirm forecast adjustments
- Facilitate communications and reporting to key stakeholders and senior management
- Work with IT to maintain up-to-date systems date
- Participate in weekly S&OP meeting
- Maximize forecast accuracy within product order lead times
- Support budget forecast planning
- Support company objectives on inventory management
Do you have what it takes?
- 1+ years of progressive experience in total, preferably in the beverage alcohol industry or CPG industry
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related from a recognized institution
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, business units and geographies – a strong background in a matrix organization is beneficial
- Effective business systems thinker and a good understanding of business process knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with others in a diverse environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong stakeholder management focus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with personal computers and business applications
If you are interested:
Please apply at markanthonywineandspirits.ca.
Only applications submitted through our careers page will be considered.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)