WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO HAVE
- Experience working in vibrant retail environment, preferably a food service business.
- Experience managing a team in hectic day-to-day operations, able to set expectations for others and provide clear direction and follow up.
- Prioritize and organize your work and the work of others to make the most efficient use of time available.
- Ability to make things happen with flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- Acts with urgency, able to make timely decisions.
- Solution-oriented, able to find new and more efficient ways of working.
- Advanced knowledge of food production and food safety.
- Fit for physical work such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, standing, and walking for at least 90% of shift.
- Computer-literate, proficient in MS Office applications, specifically MS Excel.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal skills).
Your Availability & Work Week
- Must be available to work days, evenings, and weekends (open availability)
- You will be scheduled over a 5 day period
- The weekly schedule shall allow for fifty percent of the weekend off a Saturday or Sunday.
- Every effort will be made to schedule two (2) consecutive days off
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
- Ensure our guests are always in focus and strive to make them smile.
- Meet and serve our customers showing empathy and care, and am willing to listen and support them with an attitude based on the IKEA values.
- Lead by example and am a good ambassador for the IKEA store in all contact with our customers, and I give them a good reason to return again and again.
- Always look at my store through the eyes of our customers, get continuous feedback about their experiences and learn more about their needs and wants. I then take
action based on their input.
- Work proactively to avoid bottlenecks and constantly improve guest satisfaction. I also ensure the appropriate speed of service in the serving line by following IKEA
Food routines, such as walk-the-plate and mechanical sales techniques.
- Take immediate action to meet the needs of customers and give input on how to continuously improve the meeting with them, and encourage my colleagues to do the
- Ensure our customers have a great shopping experience at all times throughout the day.
- Ensure my area is efficiently maintained as well as clean, organised, attractive and inviting to provide a positive customer experience.
- Have an overview of the store business plan and IKEA Food action plans, and I contribute to my area’s action plan by supporting my Manager in implementing it with
- Work with my Manager to ensure all the co-workers in my area understand the IKEA Concept and key guidelines, as well as how these have an impact on their specific
- Promote a safe and respectful work environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers to ensure
IKEA Food is regarded as a great place to work.
- Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur and/or as directed.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The IKEA vision to create a better everyday life for the many people inspires us to continuously develop our business and ourselves. We have an ambitious growth agenda steered by our objectives - to be the leader in life at home, growth and long-term profitability and a better IKEA.
We believe in people, it's the foundation of our IKEA culture. We believe that people want to do their best, work together towards common goals and learn and develop – as individuals and in their professional roles.
IKEA offers an exciting and empowering work environment in a global marketplace and as the world’s leader at life at home, you have exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.