This position is a great opportunity to join a company dedicated to being a strong leader within the construction industry. Scansa Construction Ltd. has provided construction and project management services to our valued clients since 1983. Our services include design build, construction and project management for commercial, institutional, and multi-family residential construction, earthworks and excavation, underground utilities, and municipal infrastructure.
The Project Manager position, reporting to the Divisional Manager, is responsible for the overall construction and coordination of small to medium complexity project(s). He/she possesses the knowledge, experience and confidence to engage and professionally interact with clients while successfully collaborating with the superintendent in planning, coordinating, and executing the project in accordance with the contract documents, company policies, schedule and budget.
- Leadership in the execution of construction projects, providing overall project management from pre-construction through to project completion.
- Management of construction budgets and financial reporting during the project delivery
- Liaison with architectural and engineering consultants throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Coordinate required permits, insurance, bonding and safety documents
- Establish and maintain project files and records
- Lead the project team with client / subcontractor related meetings;
- Plan and monitor construction milestones and progress against established timelines in MS Project.
- Review and issue contract documents and purchase orders
- Manage the change management process by tracking (RFI, SI, CO), and working with the superintendent to document responses.
- Mange the shop drawing submissions working with subcontractors to identify critical path items.
- Manage the change order process, secure pricing from subcontractors and provide take offs
- Prepare and issue monthly Progress Claims
- Approve subcontractor and major supplier invoicing
- Manage the project wrap-up process, working with the project coordinator to track deficiencies, compile O&M Manuals, obtain project substantial and final certifications, and issue holdbacks per the BC Lien Legislation
- Assist the superintendent to maintain strong safety and environment programs following company policies.
- Assist the divisional manager and estimator by participating in estimating, pricing and/or budgeting, writing proposals and presentations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years’ experience working in a General Contracting roll working on Commercial, Institutional and Multi-Family Residential types of projects.
- A construction related certificate, diploma or degree and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Technical knowledge relevant to construction and renovation projects.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project and/or Jonas Project Management software an asset
- Knowledge of Construction Disciplines, Provincial Building Codes & Contract Law
- Ability to read floor plans, engineering, electrical and mechanical drawings
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to multi task
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with a variety of people
Please submit your resume no later than Friday, September 27, 2019. Only those candidates short-listed will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time