At Family Options Inc., we specialize in providing developmental and residential care for individuals with complex challenges and needs. The Company facilitates and supports the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual growth of our clients.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be a part of a Company that strives to make an impactful difference in peoples’ lives, Family Options is the place for you.
We are currently looking for an experienced Payroll and Benefits Analyst to provide support to our care team.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Payroll and Benefits Analyst is an experienced payroll professional who will execute the processing of payroll and managing the administration of the Company’s benefit program. The successful candidate will also identify and implement process improvements and serve as a technical and analytical expert with our payroll, HRIS and time management system.
Summary of Duties
- Processing full cycle biweekly payroll for both salaried and hourly employees; for three business units (150+ employees)
- Accurately processes all inputs to the payroll process including salary amounts, reimbursements, deductions and all payroll related data in a timely manner.
- Ensures accurate entry of HR master data into HR and payroll systems by reviewing input for reasonableness and checking against input forms for accurate payroll processing
- Working with human resources to ensure proper set up of new employees, and proper termination as required;
- Calculating and pay out for lump sum payments, retroactive payments, bonuses, etc.;
- Audits data inputs for accuracy and makes any necessary corrections. Reviews gross-to-net reports for accuracy and submits results to manager for sign off to ensure pay slips are accurate and all audit controls are maintained.
- Process new hires and terminations in Group Benefits and process monthly billings and reconciliations.
- Researches, analyses, evaluates and administers corporate benefit plans and programs;
- Investigate and creatively identify solutions for employee pay and timesheet related issues;
- Document new workflows and support Payroll team members through implementation changes;
- Analyze payroll data and produce high quality, informative reports for various internal stakeholders;
- Support significant implementation/upgrade projects through documentation of current state, informing solution design and assisting with testing, data validation and change management;
- Inform and enforce best practices to ensure data integrity and system security;
- Handling all payroll account reconciliations, and payroll general ledger reconciliations;
- Verifying all journal entries, and preparing ad hoc manual journal entries as required;
- Acting as the subject matter expert for internal and external questions regarding payroll; and
- Performing other assigned duties, as assigned.
- Completion of a post-secondary degree program (Business Administration, Accounting or Finance is preferred);
- Full cycle payroll experience, including year-end
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive experience administering full cycle Canadian payroll within privately owned organization (Healthcare and/or experience in a unionized environment preferred);
- Member of Canadian Payroll Association with Payroll Compliance Certification;
- Proficient knowledge payroll, time and attendance and HRIS software systems (ADP WFN, Bamboo HR preferred);
- Full knowledge of all relevant Canadian legislation governing payroll calculations and reporting;
- Solid grasp of federal and Ontario labour standards and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including VLookup and Pivot Tables;
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office including MS Access;
- Excellent organizational and documenting skills; and
- Proven communication skills, demonstrating an ability to liaise with executives regarding payroll, and maintain utmost confidentiality;
We thank all applicants for their interest, however we can only contact candidates selected for an interview.
Family Options is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us at 416-532-6234. Please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description and location of the position for which you are applying.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Payroll: 3 years (required)
- CPA certification (preferred)