Harmony Beef Company Ltd. (" Harmony Beef ") is an Alberta Corporation dedicated to the harvesting, carcass preparation, breaking, fabrication, processing, packaging, and preparation of edible and in-edible beef by-products. It is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Our growth and success comes from an experienced team of professionals who have an absolute commitment to providing our customers with exceptional service.
The Fabrication Superintendent is a full time permanent position based in Balzac, Alberta. The role reports to the General Manager of Harmony Beef.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated individual to join our team. You will be a part of a positive, respectful environment where we take genuine pride in all that we do and are passionate about ensuring the success of our employees and our customers' satisfaction.
Overall Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manage the entire fabrication floor; Oversee, plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the fabrication operations of the Plant;
- Oversee efficiency of monitoring production daily goals, inventory and yields with all department supervisors;
- Direct supervisors to production volume, quality, cost and meeting production schedules;
- Actively participate in group meetings, line meetings, and supervisory meetings;
- Work with Quality Assurance & Food Safety department to ensure product quality and food safety standards are met;
- Train and develop supervisory team to attain department objectives;
- Maintain good employee relations among line personnel and plant management;
- Promote a safe working environment and follow company safety policies;
- Review daily production schedule to plan work and personnel assignments;
- Authorize and organize, in conjunction with the General Manager, the fabrication procedures;
- Institute production objectives for the Plant, direct reporting procedures and formulate or approve policies (in conjunction with the General Manager) with respect to fabrication operations.
Education & Job Requirements
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a fabrication manager in beef production is required;
- Must have strong knowledge on product specification, packaging materials and inventory of finished boxes;
- Must have good knowledge of production operations and techniques, product yields, and food safety and agriculture rules and regulations;
- Specific Profit & Loss experience with respect to a beef plant is strongly preferred;
- Specialization in operations and beef production is strongly preferred;
- Possesses basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
Other Required Skills
Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Planning and organizing
Influencing and leading
Harmony Beef Company offers a competitive compensation package, an incredible work environment, merit based bonus system and career advancement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time