Under the responsibility of the Coordinator for Non-Teaching Personnel and Benefits and as a team member, the Technician is responsible for all technical operations, processes, data entry, verification and correspondence related to the issuance of contract, determination of salaries, working conditions including job security, government programs and fringe benefits of all employment categories that are assigned to her or him. She or he is also responsible for documenting and updating dossiers, filing and archiving of documents (electronic or other) according to laws and regulations, generating various reports and interpreting and analyzing them as necessary.
The Technician informs employees of various programs under his/her responsibility, their working conditions, obligations and eligibility, and assists them through the various processes. In all aspects of her or his work, the Technician provides quality clientele services and demonstrates extreme diligence and absolute discretion. She or he brings to the attention of the Coordinator all complex, ambiguous or problematic situations and participates with team members in the improvements of processes and tools.
The following tasks are examples of duties falling under the Technician’s responsibility and do not constitute an exhaustive list.
- Creates, maintains and terminates employees’ files (electronic and paper) and generates contracts accordingly;
- Meets with new employees and ensures all necessary documents are submitted and that required forms are completed; Presents Vanier’s policies (PD, Harassment and discrimination, Sexual Violence, etc.) and explains working conditions (vacations, sick days, etc.);
- Analyzes schooling and experience, determines their relevance and classifies employee accordingly;
- Undertakes probation/evaluations processes, salary and echelons increases, seniority and priority lists updates, tenure, and produces necessary reports;
- Reviews the Non-Teaching hiring forms;
- Manages all the seasonal contracts.
HR planning and recruitment:
- Receives and processes all absence and leave requests, such as personal, professional development, voluntary workload reduction and sabbatical plan, ensures their admissibility with regards to deadlines and collective agreements requirements;
- Oversees Time Management module and verify all the entries for non-teaching personnel (overtime, absences, etc.);
- Prepares, tracks and follows up all needed correspondence according to guidelines;
- Plans and accomplishes all operations related to the vacations and various banks of employees (overtime, sick banks, etc.);
- Collaborates in the processes related to Professional Development for non-teaching personnel, including activities related to the requirements of Bill 90.
- Maintains the staffing plan and ensures the necessary follow-ups;
- Collaborates in the recruitment, selection, integration and development activities.
- May be called upon to provide basic information on questions related to insurances, sick leaves, parental leaves and retirement options.
Any other related tasks which fall within the scope of the classification of this position may be assigned.
Technicien ou technicienne en administration (Administrative Technician)
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (35 hours per week)
1-year replacement (until July 2, 2021) or until the incumbent returns to her position, whichever occurs first.
Conditions related to the specific position:
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in Business Administration or a diploma or attestation of studies recognized as equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and problem solving skills, client oriented;
- Demonstrated ability to implement and follow Human Resource processes;
- Ability to analyze and understand the collective agreements (to be tested);
- Capacity to offer good customer service to our clientele and to ensure confidentiality and discretion;
- Ability to work accurately with detailed information (to be tested);
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, as well as an active team member;
- Ability to work on several dossiers simultaneously;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent English and Strong French oral and written competencies (to be tested);
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel (to be tested);
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, please be sure to attach a new resume.
Note that a cover letter is mandatory, please be sure to attach yours.
If you are applying on a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your file by attaching your CV in order for your application to be considered.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.