This position is responsible for the collection, receiving, accessioning and preparation of all samples for diagnostic testing and results reporting of clinical samples. The LT3 may also be required to identify and resolve unsuitable specimens for testing. Depending on operational requirements they may be required to assist with training of new staff as well as may rotate through different specified job functions.
- College diploma from a recognized program or successful completion of OSMT or successful completion of CSMLS exam in the appropriate field of practice;
- Minimum of six months to one year of experience unless clinical placement was conducted in one of EORLA's labs;
- Knowledge of medical laboratory theory, principles and practices;
- Knowledge of applicable occupational health and safety legislation; transportation of dangerous goods, WHMIS, Universal precautions, safe handling practices;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
As a pre-condition of employment, all new EORLA employees will be required to obtain and provide a satisfactory Criminal Records Check dated within six (6) months from the date of issue.
Days and evenings, including weekends, 4 and 8 hour shifts. Rotation to other TOH campuses may be required. For information purposes only - EORLA reserves the right to change.
- Relevant university degree from a recognized program;
- Bilingualism is considered an asset.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Eastern Ontario Regional Laboratory Association (EORLA) is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please submit your online application by 11:59 p.m. EST the day the job posting closes. It is mandatory that you provide a throughly completed application with all the necessary information to help us determine whether you meet the qualifications as outlined on the job posting. Failure to do so will result in your being screened out of the competition. We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.