Reports to: Administrative Treasurer
Job Posting: The Black Mountain Irrigation District (BMID) has an immediate opening for an Office Clerk at their office at 285 Gray Road, Kelowna, BC.
This is a full time, permanent, unionized position, with compensation as outlined in the BMID/CUPE Local 338 Collective Agreement, set at $32.00 per hour. A comprehensive benefit package is offered once the 6 month probationary period has been completed.
This job posting closes September 30, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Interested applicants may forward their resume to the attention of the Administrative Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver it directly to the BMID office at 285 Gray Road, Kelowna, BC, V1X 1W8.
The Office Clerk will perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks pertaining to the daily operation of the office, with focus on development applications and utility billing. Under the direction of the Administrative Treasurer, the Office Clerk is responsible for adhering to the District’s procedures, policies and bylaws.
Incumbents will be required to work independently and as part of the office team. Normal hours of work for this position are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday inclusive.
Please note that a Criminal Record Check will be performed.
A copy of the detailed Job Description is attached.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Office Clerk provides clerical and administrative support, including direct communication with the District landowners and the public. This position requires a level of experience and expertise with the District’s Municipal Software program.
- Utilizes various computer software systems (eg: Vadim, Word, Excel, Outlook, external data bases). Maintains the Vadim databases for each module.
- Uses the Vadim Utility Billing program to produce water bills for all customer categories. Processes payments and initiates collection processes.
- Uses the Vadim Property Tax program to produce irrigation tax bills for agricultural customers. Processes payments and initiates collection processes.
- Uses the Vadim Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable program, preparing payments to suppliers and invoices to users on a systematic basis.
- Uses the Vadim Payroll program to input time sheets and process payroll. Ensures proper remittance of source deductions, prepares various payroll related reports. Tracks accruals.
- Preparation of Board Packages for Trustee Board Meetings.
- Provides administrative support to Management, including compiling of meter information, preparation of various reports as required.
- Provides development support to the Administrator, including preparation of development files, tracking subdivision files and Land Title changes, preparation of Water Letters for developers/builders, correspondence with City and other agencies.
- Provides administrative support during Audit season.
- Secondary contact for answering telephones and responding to general customer enquiries. Investigates and resolves customer issues.
- Assists Receptionist with departmental filing systems as required.
- Assists during Water Advisory events or water emergencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of customer information and sensitive matters.
- Experience: Previous clerical experience, with knowledge of office procedures. Basic accounting skills required;
- Computer Literacy – all Microsoft programs, experience with Vadim Municipal Software an asset;
- Ability to clearly communicate with the public and other staff, has conflict resolution skills;
- Typing and Data Entry – 45 wpm / pays attention to detail;
- Time Management and Organizational skills;
- Service Excellence;
- Minimum Education: High School Graduation or equivalent.
Education : Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience : Experience an asset