Sales Manager in Embrun, Russell, 20 minutes east of Ottawa
Laplante Automotive Group is looking for a bilingual Sales Manager with strong leadership, drive and customer experience focus. This Management role is part of our management team and is responsible for revenues of the Sales Department. This is a great opportunity for an individual with the ability to make strong business decisions on a day-to-day basis and who is goal oriented.
- Planning and forecasting sales objectives for the Sales department, and constantly monitoring sales to attain business objectives and revising the plan when appropriate.
- Leads the creation of the sales promotional and developing advertising and promotional activities (working with our Digital Marketing Manager).
- Hiring, developing, coaching and setting objectives with the sales team, and ensuring customer enthusiasm is everyone’s priority. This includes training and motivating sales team members and to serve as a role model.
- Implement sales performance measures and create sales contests and motivational initiatives with the help of the General Manager.
- Is a prominent presence on the Sales floor, interacting continually with sales team members and customers.
- Is responsible to complete daily follow-ups on all potential customers by working closely and individually with every salesperson. This also includes calling some customers.
- Helps to complete sales by balancing the needs of customers, sales consultants, and the company.
- Controls the inventory of new and used vehicles, working closely with the Assistant Sales Manager.
- Appraising and evaluating the retail potential of vehicles, which requires being attuned to the resale market both in the area and nationally.
- Ensure that vehicles are front line ready on a timely matter, that the lot is welcoming and that inventory displays are continuously changing.
- Embodies and maintains the company’s culture and image in all daily activities, and ensures that team members consistently live up to that image with proactive customer responsiveness.
- Lead monthly sales meeting and find ways to actively engage all team members.
Qualifications: (Requirements and Competencies)
- Must be bilingual in French and English.
- Two years or more of experience as a Sales Manager.
- Two years or more as a sales representative.
- Must be detail-oriented, charting individual sales, establishing individual sales goals and bonus plans, and constantly monitoring retail sales against the business objectives.
- Team player and a great leader with strong interpersonal skills, exceptional communication skills and a positive attitude
- Must be hardworking, able to work independently, effectively managing his or her time and work flow.
- Must be knowledgeable of the latest automotive technologies and be a persistent problem solver.
We offer an industry leading pay and bonus package, a premium health benefit package, continuous training and development as well as internal career opportunities.
All applications are confidential.
- Extended health care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing/share options
- Company car
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- automotive sales management: 2 years (Required)