IP Clerk (12-month contract) - Toronto
Bereskin & Parr LLP (B&P) is one of Canada's largest and most respected intellectual property law firms. We have approximately 240 firm members, including more than 80 lawyers, patent and trademark agents and students, with four offices located in major economic or technology centres. We are an award-winning firm with a global reputation as one of the largest, and most experienced in patent and trademark law. We provide exceptional client service and are driven by our commitment to professional excellence. At B&P we are proud of our collaborative and inclusive work environment.
We are looking for an IP Clerk with strong attention to detail to work in our Toronto office on a 12-month contract. This position is primarily responsible for analyzing and docketing correspondence, as well as preparing standard Canadian patent reporting letters.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Analyzing all incoming paper correspondence to the Firm.
· Entering due dates and updating critical record information received from incoming mail, e-mail, due date management forms and USPTO PAIR system notifications/lists.
· Preparing Canadian patent reporting letters (filing receipts, assignment registration certificates and issued patents).
· Monitoring department due dates and email accounts.
· Participating in large file-opening projects and other ad-hoc projects as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
What you’ll bring to B&P:
· Relevant experience in an legal specific office services department is an asset.
· Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) including the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
· Familiarity with document management systems an asset.
· Ability to work independently and follow instruction.
· Excellent organization and strong time management skills.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize incoming workflow.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications are asked to email their resumes by Friday January 31, 2020. Please include "IP Clerk" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Bereskin & Parr LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, indigenous peoples, visible minorities and people with disabilities. Should candidates wish to receive the above job posting in an alternative format, please contact Liam Bragg, Human Resources Generalist by phone 416-957-1622.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract