This is an opportunity to drive outstanding user experience on our web and mobile products, as well as on our corporate website and landing pages. If you’ve ever wanted a chance to design and build market-leading interfaces for a dynamic cloud-service company with millions of users, this is the position you’ve been looking for.
This is you
As a senior member of our growing UX team, you’ll collaborate closely with our amazing engineers, product managers, product communicators, marketing gurus, fellow UX wizards, and other stakeholders to design and shape our world-class platform. If you have the technical skills, experience, and personality to design elegant solutions to complex UI/UX challenges, we want to hear from you.
This is us
xMatters enhances collaboration by relaying relevant data between key systems while engaging the right people to proactively resolve issues. This integration-driven approach enables enterprises to avoid costly incidents, prevent outages, and automate DevOps processes.
On the development side, we’ve been Scrum/Agile zealots for almost a decade, and we roll out new features weekly. Combined with our DevOps culture, the result is a very fast-moving engine that requires solid UX and design that will continue to make our customers successful.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to define information architecture, wireframes and mockups that adhere to UX best practices
- Conduct user research and testing to guide design decisions and user flows
- Work closely with engineers to push the limits of existing web technology and UX
- Present design ideas to clients, stakeholders, and peers for review, working within an iterative design process
- Advocate for UX throughout the organization and act as a steward for user research and design thinking
- Show the value of UX through measurable metrics (analytics, conversions, customer satisfaction, and so on)
- Create and maintain UI design systems for our web and mobile apps
- Mentor and support a dynamic, growing design team
Your Education, Experience & Skill Sets
- Degree or diploma in a UI/UX/design discipline, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 5+ years of experience in UI/UX design for digital products
- Ability to distill complex problems and workflows down into simple, intuitive designs
- Strong foundation in Visual Design practices including knowledge of composition, color theory and typography
- Experience executing a wide variety of UX research methods and techniques
- Proven ability to write, analyze and present findings from usability tests – and then optimize designs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate design rationale and user needs alongside technical constraints
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders and interpreting feedback to design iteratively
- Strong proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Stand-out portfolio of previous product design work with write-ups of your design process and problem-solving skills
Stuff That Earns You Bonus Points
- Enterprise UX experience
- SaaS product experience
- Scrumban/Kanban experience
- Project Management experience
- Product Design experience
Cool Culture: Why You'll Love Working Here
- Modern offices in downtown Victoria, BC
- Personalized environments – Macbook Pro with a big display? Have at it!
- Full extended medical benefits, including dental and vision
- RRSP-matching program
- Strong belief in work/life balance (and we mean it)
- Annual health & wellness grant to spend on almost anything to improve your life
- Emphasis on innovation: we dedicate one day every month to our pet projects
- Diverse, smart, and talented co-workers
- Collaborative, fun work environment, where laughing and learning go together
- Well-stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, and ‘beverages’
- Generous employee referral program
- Fun days involving curling, Frisbee golf, bowling, billiards at the pub and so on
Tell us why you'd be a great fit for this position!
- Complete the form below
- Include your resume & portfolio (or link to your portfolio)
- REQUIRED: Add a cover letter and tell us how your skills & experience relate to this position
- NOTE: Only candidates who are legally able to work in Canada will be considered; preference will be given to candidates already living in the Victoria or Vancouver, BC.
Job Type: Full-time
- leading and coaching designers: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Degree/ diploma in a UI/UX/design discipline, or equivalent (Required)