POSITION DESCRIPTION ASSISTANT MANAGER ________________________________________________________________________
BASIC FUNCTION: The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Manager in achieving A&W Restaurant Objectives in guest service, operating standards, marketing and financial results through developing an outstanding restaurant staff team and employing team process skills to generate performance that exceeds guest expectations. He/she is responsible for the restaurant during his/her shift. The Assistant Manager is in a developmental position and he/she is responsible for completing the MDP program.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF POSITION: This position reports directly to the Restaurant Manager. Key internal relationships include the Area Manager, other members of the area's restaurant management team, the Business Manager for A&W Brand Compliance Reports and the Payroll Department. Key external relationships include; the guest, suppliers, representatives from the Health & Safety Board, Fire Department, and Labour Board is essential. During his/her shift of duty and in the manager's absence all hourly paid employees, including supervisors, report to this position. Critical to success in this position is an ability to assist in the management of a fast paced, guest focused business in which an excellent working Climate is key. Also preferable is an ability to read financial statements to the Operating Margin line. A desire to become proficient in selecting, training and developing people is also a key to this position. Ideally the Assistant Manager is working towards a post-secondary education in business, or hold equivalent business experience. The Assistant Manager must hold a valid driver’s license. In the manager’s absence, the Assistant Manager has decision making authority in all areas of the restaurant's day to day operation.
Human Resources: Builds a great, Climate-rich employee experience so team members can; a) Develop and maintain a safe and healthy work environment with the strong application of restaurant policies and procedures, and adherence to all employment legislation. b) Effectively manage the restaurant team utilizing best practices in recruitment, selection, training, delegation, coaching, performance reviews and developing promotable staff and management.
Guests; 1. Maintain A&W guest service standards including friendly guest service , speed of service, quality and consistency of food products and cleanliness of the restaurant during his/her shift.
2. Contribute to the development of the profile and reputation of A&W within his/her local trading area and mall by building outstanding relationships in the community with customers and business neighbours. Earn respect as an employer in order to gain long term Net Sales growth and attract high caliber employees.
Financial Results: 1. Assist the Restaurant Manager in all aspects of the profitability of the restaurant including setting and achieving the Annual Profit Plan.
2. Assist in the management all variable costs and fixed assets associated with restaurant operation.
3. Adhere strictly to clearly defined practices and procedures regarding the handling of cash in the restaurant and deposits of cash/receipts to the bank.
4. Develop annually, with the Restaurant Manager, a mutually agreed set of objectives.
5. Responsible, with the Restaurant Manager, for the ongoing management of all restaurant administration systems ensuring the reporting and retention of accurate data and records.
Job Type: Full-time