JIP Telecom Inc, is a leading telecommunications and technology provider for a wide range of businesses and organizations. We are currently seeking an experienced and motivated Cable Placer - OSP from across Canada to join our outside plant (OSP) team, we are ideally looking for an independent highly skilled Cable Placer - OSP who understands Telus’s network infrastructure and is familiar with the grunt work that this job requires. Willingness to travel would be beneficial as travel options may arise for future projects (All travel and accommodations will be paid by JIP Telecom Inc)
· Highly experienced in underground (manhole) and aerial fiber cable placement
· Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including, but is not limited to: carry, raise and climb a ladder, carry, lift and handle heavy equipment (manhole covers, cable reels)
· Must work in a safe conscientious manner in all environments following company safety and Occupational Health and Safety standards.
· Must possess knowledge and experience of construction practices for Outside Plant cable placement
· Must be willing to dig/trench, rake, place conduit in trenches, pull cable, etc
· Prepping various types of fiber cables (OSP, ADSS & OPGW).
· Understanding and reading blueprint
· Lashing of OSP Cable
· Operate company vehicles in a safe and professional manner
· Work at customer premises and provide exceptional client service
· Retain and demonstrate a professional attitude at all times
· Enhance organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishment
· Adhere to and promote the environmental, health & safety policies of JIP Telecom Inc.
· Will perform all other duties as required by supervisor/manager
· Out of town travel will occasionally be required
· 2(+) years of OSP (Outside Plant) and fiber cable pulling experience
· Must have a valid Confined Space Entry safety ticket
· Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean driving record
· Ability to manage a physically demanding workload
· Fluent in English (reading, writing and conversational)
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
· A criminal background check is required Working Conditions
· A physically demanding work environment
· Work in all weather conditions
· Optional: have access to own splicing vehicle and tools
· Various shifts as assigned (Morning, evening, weekend, and statutory holidays)
At JIP our professionals design, build and connect telecommunications networks nationwide. Our end-to-end service offering includes engineering, locating, construction, installation and maintenance of underground, aerial, indoors and wireless telecommunications networks. Driven by a desire to remain the industry leader, our team is committed to offering turnkey solutions and targeted, dedicated, superior quality services, on time and on budget, to meet our customers’ needs and requirements. Our seasoned and innovative professionals working across Canada are passionate about their work, keen to delighting our customers and strongly committed to health and safety.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 to $32.00 /hour