We are looking for an Assistant Store Manager in Orillia!
Competitive Pay! Great Benefits! Family-Owned Company!
Do you describe yourself as active, customer obsessed, and quality driven with a can-do attitude? If so, we’d love to have you come work with us!
For over 80 years, Kawartha Dairy has been proud to be a 100% Canadian-owned, family operated company. Kawartha Dairy is still operated by the same family that founded it in 1937. We have grown tremendously from our early years and aren’t slowing down! We are headquartered in the lakeside community of Bobcaygeon, Ontario, near Peterborough, an hour north of the GTA.
Reflecting the explosive growth in the brand and the business as a whole, Kawartha Dairy has recently constructed a 54,000-square-foot Distribution Centre just south of Bobcaygeon to serve its provincial operations. Investments are also underway to modernize the production plant, our systems and our infrastructure.
As a part of our strong Kawartha Dairy Retail team, you are the face of the company as the position involves providing front-end service to personally connect with every customer and provide exceptional customer service. As an Assistant Store Manager you’ll be responsible for the smooth running of your store, the development of your team and ensuring that every customer leaves with a smile.
Kawartha Dairy is committed to growing our company culture of super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service and of course creating a fabulous collection of ice cream and other products.
We at Kawartha Dairy live by our five values:
1. We are a Family
2.We Enjoy Our Work
3. We are Customer Obsessed
4. We are Small Town Canada
5.We are Extremely Proud of Our Quality
Benefits for Working with Kawartha Dairy
- Competitive, comprehensive group benefits (vision, dental, prescription, travel plans). No cost to you for single/family monthly premiums.
- RRSP with company matching
- Annual profit sharing
- Discount on products sold in our retail stores
- Opportunity for career development in a dynamic Canadian-owned company with impressive growth potential.
What You Will Be Doing
- A wonderful smile and great attitude working with a team
- Candidates who are positive, friendly and social with customers and team members
- A mature and reliable candidate with strong communication skills and work ethic; flexible as crew members must be available to work a variety of shifts on days, evening, weekends and statutory holidays.
- This is a dynamic role that requires multi-tasking with the ability to work independently
- Physical ability to work long hours standing/walking and bending at the waist. Tasks that involve grasping using repetitive hand action and reaching above should height to perform some duties. Ability to lift and/or move objects weighting at least 11.3 kg (25 lbs).
- Food Handler Certification and prior retail experience are an asset
- Ensure that your team delivers the outstanding Kawartha Dairy experience, while providing the highest level of customer service ensuring that Pride systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operation of the store.
- Lead by example through educating customers about our products and assisting your crew in their daily tasks as required
- Deliver feedback and coaching on a regular basis to team members, and promote a positive and fun team atmosphere.
- Respond to customer complaints, taking prompt and appropriate action to resolve problem and ensure customer satisfaction is maintained
- Meet sales targets and achieve profitability by controlling costs (labour, supplies, inventory etc.).
- Oversee day-to-day operations, and delegate effectively to meet daily deadlines.
- Closely collaborate with the Store Manager to develop store specific strategies and to implement them
What We Are Looking For
- 2-3 years’ experience in a team lead role in retail/sales, restaurant business, or customer service
- A friendly and upbeat personality
- Hands-on Assistant Store Manager with a track record of consistently improving sales performance and team development
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Pro-activity and ease in coaching and teaching others
- A self-starter with excellent communication skills
- Desire to grow with the company and tackle new challenges
Shift Requirements: You have the ability to meet a variety of shift requirements whether on days, evening, weekends and statutory holidays
Wages: Hourly based
Are invited to send a resume on Indeed or drop off in Orillia store to Justine.
Kawartha Dairy is an equal opportunity employer. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Job Type: Full-time