DSI Underground Canada Ltd. (DSI’s)- Is located in Sturgeon Falls, Ontario. Scope of business includes the manufacturing and supply of ground support equipment for the mining industries. Its systems are known worldwide for innovation, quality and reliability.. You will be responsible for assisting machine operators manufacturing raw materials into finished goods using numerous automated machines.
Brief Summary of Job:
Assist machine operators by performing duties such as supplying or holding materials or tools, cleaning work areas, disassembling equipment, sandblasting, operating cut-off saw and grinder and operating forklift to move materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Proper operation and care of various equipment and tools including the hoist in a safe and effective manner.
Operating the required tools and machinery in a safe, efficient, cost effective (consumables) and productive manner, with the resulting product conforming to company quality standards
Qualification and Requirements:
As a member of the team, is committed to meeting production targets and deadlines
- Being punctual and ready to work at the start of your shift and after each break
- Committed to scheduled work hours
- Willingness to commit to extra hours to meet production target and deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Accepts guidance and constructive feedback from fellow and senior staff
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and work ethic and continually strives for improvement
- Shows eagerness to learn and take on more responsibility
- Completes the tasks in a timely manner and seeks/offers additional help when required.
- Work 12 hours, shift work and weekends
Competencies Beneficial in Satisfactory Performance of the Job
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employees is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; ad talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand; walk and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please indicate in a separate covering letter how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the qualifications listed above.
DSI welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time