To perform installations, service, repairs, and preventative maintenance on fully automated overhead door & gate systems for residential, commercial and industrial sites.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the installation, repairing, and maintenance of a variety of equipment
- Assigned a list of service calls and expected to complete work orders and ensure fulfillment of parts
- Diagnoses/troubleshoots problems, provides solutions, and carries out required work.
- Inspect service vehicle and report any maintenance problems to the Service Manager
- Restock truck with service parts. Always keep trucks well stocked & organized.
- Experience working on mechanical, hydraulic pneumatic, and electrical systems
- Ability to read schematics and blue prints an asset
- Overhead door technicians work year-round in all weather conditions. Working with lifting components can be dangerous and requires mandatory safe work practices including the use of personal protective equipment. Technicians normally work a 40-hour week with overtime required to meet project deadlines.
- Ability follow directions and standard operating procedures
- Ability to use hand held tools, saws, routers, cutting tools as well as measuring equipment such as tape measure
- Always work safe!
- Drivers license in good standing
- Fall Protection
- physical coordination, able to lift and maneuver 50-100 lbs.
- attention to detail with a focus on safety and quality
- Fork lift and Scissors lift training is an asset
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic electrical aptitude
- Basic trouble shooting abilities
- Excellent customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable with heights (ladders &lifts)
- As the successful applicant, you will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, minimum of 2-3 years of applicable working experience in general building repair and maintenance, door & gate systems, basic electrical, and completion of an applicable technical training program is desirable.
This is a field job and requires site visits daily
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Job Type: Full-time