Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 facilities across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Our "Colonial Cookies" bakery in Kitchener is ramping up to meet increasing customer demands, and we are hiring a number of frontline production opportunities in the bakery. This is a chance to join a premier North American bakery company that has been around since 1882. We’re committed to ensuring our employees work in healthy and safe environments in order to keep communities safe across Canada and the US.
$18.50/hour plus $1.25/hour afternoon shift premium and $2.00/hour night shift premium.
** $100/week BONUS provided once you start working with us and it is based on punctuality and completion of all shifts every week.
Job Requirements and Details (currently the major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following):
- General Labour duties such as picking, packaging, sorting, and stacking, etc.
- Various production area assignments.
- Must adhere to all safety, sanitation, GMP, and good housekeeping practices.
- Lifting might be involved of up to 50 lbs.
- Flexibility to work in a 24/7 operation.
- May include training as a back-up mixer.
- May include palletizing and service.
- Candidate must have full-time availability as well as the ability to perform on long hour shifts.
- Must be comfortable working in a bakery manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must be able to multitask, work independently or within a team.
- Successful completion of training in Lock-out / Tag-out Procedure and WHMIS Specific
- Attention to detail and good understanding of English.
- Should be able to work in a physically demanding, fast paced environment where you have to be on your feet throughout the day.
What we offer:
- Competitive wage rate of $18.50/hr + Shift Premiums ($1.25/hr for afternoon and $2.00/hr for night shift).
- Full-time employment with Full Benefits Package.
- Clean, safe, and state-of-the-art working environment.
- Overtime and yearly raises available.
- Transit accessible location.
Please note this is a full time, long term opportunity, and only selected applicants will be contacted.
APPLY TODAY !!!