The Patient Care Coordinator facilitates the admission, discharge and patient transfer processes at GR Baker Memorial Hospital, and is responsible for coordinating patient/resident care across Quesnel Health Services when necessary. The role promotes the efficient allocation and utilization of beds to determine patient placement and support patients receiving quality care. The Patient Care Coordinator assists the Program Managers in establishing and maintaining standards of patient care, and is responsible for coordinating the operations of Quesnel Health Services in the absence of managers, department heads and senior administrative personnel.
Skills and Abilities:
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Five years recent acute care experience with one years’ supervisory experience or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to function effectively in stressful situations
- Ability to function independently with required organizational skills and balance multiple activities.
- Ability to establish, maintain and promote effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain good public relations with patients, family and friends.
- Physical and mental ability to perform duties of position.
- Demonstrates clinical competence in medical/surgical nursing.
- Ability to provide and promote safe and competent patient care.
- Ability to recognize and intervene in an emergency situation.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software applications.
View Quesnel Community