Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
Homewood Health™ Canada’s leader in mental health and addiction services has recently opened a unique in-patient treatment facility located on the Saanich Peninsula, just outside of Victoria, British Columbia. This is a great opportunity to be involved in a medically-led treatment facility that offers over 130 years of experience in the field of both mental health and addiction disorders.
In the role of Cook, you will assist with food preparation in accordance with established standards of quality, quantity control, taste and presentation. You will have the opportunity to exhibit your culinary talents by personally performing tasks in a fast-paced, cafeteria-style kitchen environment.
Hours of work:
This is a full-time position which requires the ability to work varied hours including some evenings and weekends.
What you'll be doing
- Work to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced
- Ensure that all menu items are promptly prepared within reasonable time and presentation is up to Chef’s standards
- Support the development and implementation of all food planning, production & preparation activities
- Support the development and establishment of exemplary food presentation standards and techniques
- Ensure adherence to high level service principles, quality culinary standards & operations management for kitchen and dining areas
- Accountable for adherence to infection control, occupational health and safety, safe food handling and applicable policies & procedures
- Ensure minimum wastage by preparing and storing food correctly and ensuring the sorting of organic waste
What we're looking for
What we are looking for:
- A culinary apprenticeship or training is preferred
- Valid Food Safe Certification
- Recent related experience in a high volume food service environment
- Experience with Health and Safety and Infection Control in a food service environment
- Ability to communicate and interact with diverse individuals, build trust and develop rapport
- Experience in a specialized setting with knowledge of addictions or mental health would be an asset
- Adaptable and flexible to the unique and changing needs of guests
- Cleared Vulnerable Sector Check
- Record of Immunization (including 2 step TB test)
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.