Who are we?
From pioneer to leader in the security industry, Genetec has always been committed to providing the most innovative solutions. Today, we offer world-class IP security solutions with our unified security platform encompassing license plate recognition (LPR), video surveillance and access control. Genetec has been recognized as one of Montreal’s top employers for 13 years running.
If you have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, are constantly striving to understand how things work, and can’t put a problem down until you’ve solved it then this could be the opportunity for you. Join Genetec and help us to resolve challenging hardware and software issues.
Work with a team of experienced software engineers and developers to support customers as Genetec pushes the boundaries of Access Control, IP video surveillance and license plate recognition solutions deployed worldwide.
Why working at Genetec?
- Attractive compensation package – competitive salary, year-end bonus plan and an attractive employee referral program;
- Individual career path – management and technical career growth, regular performance assessment, teams of world-wide engineers and IT professionals;
- Healthy work environment - on site gym, free fitness assessments by the kinesiologist, onsite company-sponsored bistro
- Work-life balance – good vacation plan with extra days during the winter holidays, team building and company events;
As a member of the Access Control Software Support team, the candidate will:
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve challenging issues relating to software applications, networking, Windows OS, SQL Server databases, hardware and other related technologies.
- Collaborate with other software specialists and developers to resolve customer’s issues.
- Help development team identify issues by identifying incident trends and patterns through regular feedback.
- Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and technical documentation (KBAs)
- Occasionally work as part of an on-call pager duty schedule.
- Conceptualize and articulate ideas clearly and concisely to customers and colleagues.
- Document status, steps taken and communication with stakeholders for customer issues using Genetec systems
- Maintain the SLA (Service Level Agreement) with the customer via regular updates
- Assist in the evolution of our software via bug reports and feature requests
- Provide occasional on-site technical support.
- 2 years of experience related to the troubleshooting of Windows based client-server software applications or Hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Fluent in English. French, Spanish or any other languages is a strong asset.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Desire to constantly learn and evolve at the same pace as the software
- Flexible, with a “can do” attitude
- Strong team player while possessing the autonomy to manage their own workload
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work within deadlines
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Able to multitask, work iteratively, adjust work priorities, and is results oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting knowledge of the various operating systems
(Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 7/8/10).
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and IP protocols. (VPN, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, TCP/IP, NTP, etc.)
- Knowledge of hardware in general, voltage/current/power concepts.
- Experience working with SQL databases
Why you'll love Genetec:
- MCSE, CCNA, SQL Server, VMware, or similar technical professional certifications
- Knowledge of PowerShell.
- Knowledge of Server Virtualization.
- Knowledge of C# (C Sharp) and programming.
- Knowledge Unix Kernel and commands.
- Attractive compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited Starbucks coffee
- Private free parking for all employees
- Onsite gym