Miller Environmental Corporation (Miller) operates a fully licensed hazardous waste disposal company in Manitoba providing a final local disposal option to our customers. We provide comprehensive and environmentally sound industrial waste management services to a wide range of industries and have become one of the largest waste treatment and processing companies within Western Canada.
Why work for Miller?
- Competitive wages with a comprehensive benefit package
- Pension plan availability for qualified employees
- Emphasis on career growth and advancement of employees
- Safe work culture driven by employee participation
Position Summary - Opportunity
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day functions of the civil works component at our processing facility. The Supervisor also ensures key performance indicators and targets are achieved.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Safety and Regulatory Compliance
- Active participation in Health & Safety initiatives including training personnel in accordance with Miller’s Safety Manual.
- Planning, scheduling and supervision of work activities.
- Ensuring proper operation and management of equipment and tools.
- Housekeeping including reporting resource and maintenance requirements.
- Development of team members through mentorship.
- Demonstrate leadership through example.
- Maintenance of communication between technicians and management.
Education and Basic Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- Leadership training an asset.
- Heavy construction experience will be considered a definite asset.
- Heavy equipment operations will be considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Decision making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to properly manage high-activity levels while problem solving to deal with unexpected issues.
Miller is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- supervisory: 3 years (Preferred)