Wärtsilä Canada is currently seeking an experienced, full-time Service Technician for our Richmond, BC workshop. The candidate must have expert experience performing and repairs and overhauls on engine equipment and components.
What we offer:
- Strong Safety Culture - Keeping our people safe is our top priority
- Competitive Starting wage
- Generous Benefits Package – 3 weeks’ Vacation to start, additional paid time off, Extended Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, RRSP matching, fitness reimbursement, gain-sharing bonus and much more!
- A Global Corporation - Opportunities for growth, training and career advancement
- Perform and ensure repairs / overhauls on engine equipment/components according to given instructions and as per Wartsila quality, health, safety, environmental guidelines and cost targets.
- Perform measurement and record the data on the relevant measurement records document.
- Prepare service reports using SWR tool on time and with expected Wartsila quality.
- Performing preventive maintenance on all workshop machinery.
- Maintain measurement tools and workshop tools.
- Gather technical information from Technical Knowledge Base by accessing technical bulletins and operational / overhaul instruction from product manual.
- Access parts catalogue to find out parts required that needs to be ordered to support overhauling or repair of the component / equipment.
- Experience in handling tools like valve grinding machine, valve seat cutting machines, honing machine etc. is must.
- Experience in machining activities like Injection valve sleeve machining, Valve seat pocket machining and general machining is desirable
- Keeping work area clean and organized.
- Mechanical Technician experience on Diesel Engines or similar applications
- Mechanical technical experience on Wartsila engines is preferred.
- Gas engine Knowledge
- Mechanical troubleshooting Skills are essential.
- Technical / Vocational school (preferably Marine, Mechanical or USCG)
Wartsila Canada is an equal opportunity employer under the Government of Canada's Federal Contractors Program.
Job Type: Full-time
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (Required)