Freeport Industries designs and builds customized modular structures for residential, commercial and industrial clients throughout Western Canada.
We are currently looking to add a detail-oriented Labourer with framing skills to our growing team, working day shift, Monday - Thursday, 7:00am - 5:30pm from our West Kelowna manufacturing facility.
- Read and interpret issued for construction drawings
- Clean and prepare sites, clean up rubble and debris
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations
- Assist other trade workers
- Other duties as required
- Experience in residential wood frame construction including the ability to layout buildings prefered
- Ability to safely operate a circular saw, table saw and chop saw
- Ability to safely operate hand and power tools of all types
- Roofing (EPDM membrane) experience an asset but not required
- Perform tasks involving physical labour
- Ability to excel at multi-tasking and problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set timelines
- Practical knowledge of safe operation of basic hand and power tools
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a growing team
- Punctual and reliable
- Ensuring an injury-free and healthy workplace,
- Unwavering commitment to customer service
- Never saying ‘can’t’
- Getting the job done right the first time
- Comfortable working at heights
- Good physical condition and able to work in awkward spaces
- Able to lift 50 lbs when required
If you have these skills and abilities, you would be a great fit for our team!
Why Work at Freeport?
- Fair pay
- Incentives and bonuses for people who take pride in their work and get ‘er done
- Excellent safety record
- Boot allowance & full benefits after probation
- Indoor work
- On the job training
- Skilled co-workers who are willing to share knowledge
- Prizewinning company with consistent work (no seasonal layoffs)
Our Ideal Candidates:
Can work in a fast-paced environment, independently and as part of a team of varied trades people working efficiently to overcome challenges, keeping our home builds on time and budget.
Freeport offers a safe work environment, with competitive wages and benefits package. If you believe you are a fit for our team, apply now!
Email your resume through Indeed!
We thank all applicants for their interest in the position. Please note that we will contact candidates if they are selected for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 10 Hour Shift
- Day shift