NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry.
Our valued client is seeking a Materials Coordinator II in Cold Lake, AB for a 2 year contract. Candidates must be local to the surrounding area or willing to relocate.
Material Analyst is accountable for optimal material sourcing decisions
- Prioritize selection of materials on hand prior to new purchase (identify opportunities to consume and optimize inventory). Leverage materials on hand across the site
- Influence business line (B/L) to select materials in kind on hand or from preferred vendors
- Review work schedule and influence planners and execution team to manage down purchasing demand
- Material analysis: review material needs from B/L Planners, research material availability and locations (B/L expensed materials at site, B/L expensed materials at different site, warehouse stock at site, warehouse stock at different site), and source materials from least cost location
- Create purchase requisition if material needs to be purchased, driving procurement from approved vendors
- Analyze material consumption trends and identify cost savings / optimization opportunities
- Focus on cost control and minimizing volume/quality impacts to sites.
- Troubleshoot P2P recycle issues related to materials purchasing and warehouse stock
Skills / Knowledge:
- Analyze SAP master data issues and identify improvement opportunities
- SME for master data changes and improvements
- Facilitate resolution of SAP data issues interfacing with Acquisitions, Global Inventory Management (GIM), and the B/L
- Accountable for material optimization, consumption, and metrics
- Support planners on Bill of Materials (BOM) creation and updates
- Strong knowledge of Purchase to Pay, B/L Planning and Scheduling, and warehouse operations processes
- Strong knowledge of SAP material catalogs, search tools and requisitioning
- General knowledge of how and where materials are used in the plant
- Advanced time management and prioritization skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Influencing with and without authority
- Facilitation and coordination skills
- B/L planners, schedulers, and field execution personnel
- Acquisitions/Contract Team
- Inventory analysts
- Supply Chain Operations team, including warehouse services provider
- Accounts Payable
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.