Summary of Position:
A Houseperson, you would be responsible for cleaning and maintaining designated areas of the hotel per Houseperson check list and responding to guest requests in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the below tasks to the highest standards.
Also a Houseperson is responsible for: reporting any maintenance deficiencies, pick up, restock, deliver and put away any stock received or ask by the guests or housekeeping leaders. Ensure that all health and safety standards are follow.
Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
Ability to grasp, bend; and stop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 75 lbs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to WHIMIS regulations and hotel requirements.
· Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and general appearance of public areas and hallways of the hotel.
· Removing trash and dirty linens from room attendant’s carts when needed.
· Sweeping and vacuuming floors, hallways and stairwells.
· Picking up trash from parking lot and public areas.
· Deliver and remove cots, refrigerators, cribs, irons, etc., to and from rooms
· Unloads truck shipments periodically
· Vacuums the guest hallways, elevators, carpet edges, stairwells and thoroughly cleans the elevators
· Completes other reasonable requests by supervisor
· Clean designated areas including, but not limited to, restrooms, public and lobby areas, offices and banquet/meeting/conference rooms.
· Perform tasks including, but not limited to, dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures, vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, shampooing carpets, washing windows, cleaning/waxing floors, removing and disposing of trash and emptying ashtrays
· Greet guests in a friendly manner
· Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
· Stock and maintain supply rooms, as needed
· Perform deep cleaning tasks and special projects (for example: , furniture moves, etc.), as needed
· Deliver guest requests and assist in cleaning guest rooms, as needed.
· Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts to storages.
· Clean hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
· Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
· Replenish supplies, such as drinking water, linens, supplies, and bathroom items.
· Keep storage areas well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
· Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
· Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampoo machine.
· Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
· Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
· Remove debris from all public areas.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent