We believe that outstanding care starts with outstanding people.
At Runnymede Healthcare Centre, we actively cultivate work-life balance and invest in the resources our staff need to do their best work.
Our award-winning, fully accredited hospital takes an inter-professional team approach to care. We provide comprehensive clinical services to patients who require expert treatment, extended rehabilitation and daily care beyond what can be provided at home or in the community. At Runnymede we have a single, clear purpose: improve the quality of life of every patient, every day.
If you want to join a centre of excellence with a multidisciplinary team who supports the delivery of patient-centered care, we want to hear from you today.
Patient Accounts Coordinator-Billing and Collections – Permanent Full-Time:
The Patient Accounts Coordinator – Billing and Collections will create and process transactions for patient charges, receipts, adjustments and refund. The Coordinator will work with the Registration team; assist with Accounts Payable transaction and assist with Payroll data entries etc. Regular weekend work required.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2019 @ 16h00
- Perform all accounting functions related to billing, adjustments and collections for all types of hospital related revenues, including OHIP, Insurance, WSIB, Federal government, other province billing, ambulance billing, and other patient and sundry billing on a timely basis.
- Create and process transaction batches for customer charges, receipts, adjustments, refunds. Answering patient and client inquiries in a calm, patient and courteous manner.
- Update patient demographics and insurance information to ensure accurate billings.
- Obtain credit/debit card payments over telephone upon patient request.
- Reconcile and provide information to clients, explaining account transactions and/or resolves accounting issues and discrepancies
- Process credit card and pre-authorized payments charges for patient billings
- Apply cash receipts to the correct aged patient receivable balance
- Print bills, statements and checks for accuracy prior to sending to patients/ clients.
- Sort mail and distribute to Finance staff.
- Cover other Finance clerk tasks as per operational requirements.
- Cross train with other team members.
- Work with other team members to coordinate responsibilities, and prioritize tasks, ensuring all important deadlines are met.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, families, hospital staff, Doctors’ offices and employers, internal and external stakeholders, using appropriate communication methods to respond in a timely, helpful, and courteous manner.
- Respond to all types of billing and payment inquiries in a calm, patient, and courteous manner. Inquiries may be professional, personal or on the phone for patients, families and insurance companies.
- Share with other Finance clerks the responsibility of Accounts Payable, and Payroll
- Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications/experience:
- College Diploma or degree from a recognized Accounting program.
- Accounts Receivable/Payable/Payroll experiences required.
- 2 years work experience in Accounting with experience dealing with customers and billing issues, preferably in a hospital /Healthcare environment
- Data Entry and Mathematical aptitude required
- Demonstrated effective communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and co-operatively as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Accounting
- Ability to work with high accuracy and to pay close attention to details
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks through highly developed time management skills;
- Hospital admissions experience is an asset
- Fully proficient with MS Office/Excel
- Must be available to work days, afternoons, evenings and weekends
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
Runnymede Healthcare Centre values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities (AODA).
Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment purposes only and not for any other purpose.
Job Type: Full-time
- * Accounts Receivable/Payable/Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)