Reporting to the Manager, Training and Development, the Sr. Training and Development Specialist will support the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of training programs and tools to ensure alignment and support of business objectives.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Work with the Manager, Training and Development to plan appropriate training solutions based on customer needs.
- Collaborate with regional and national sales, cross-functional subject-matter experts (SMEs) and translators to create and preserve sales training presentations (English and French) in a timely fashion; ensuring field sales accessibility to current, accurate and relevant material.Support the Manager, Training and Development in the review, scoping and prioritization of training requests, ensuring timely and open communication with stakeholders. The Specialist will be responsible for publishing new or upgraded training resources.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of training activities and obtains the necessary information to implement continuous improvements.
- Manage the continued development of the national webinar programs.
- Support the onboarding process of new Account Managers by facilitating training activities and meetings as specified within the plan.
- As department expert of the Slidebank and Zoom systems, oversee System Administrators to ensure database integrity and analytics. Provide back-up systems training and support to sales users as needed. Work in conjunction with System Administrators to harness system capabilities and leverage vendor relationships in efforts to continuously evolve the quality of sales presentations and webinar offerings.
- Ensure training modules, documentation and collateral materials are consistent with Genworth standards and branding guidelines.
- Responsible for writing “news” content for the bi-weekly Sales Bulletin, Salesforce Chatter and field staff communications as needed.
- Certification/experience in Adult Learning and Instructional Design preferred, or related post-secondary education.
- Experience in the Financial Services industry, knowledge of mortgages, underwriting, products and trends an asset.
- Working knowledge of webcasting tools (Zoom, WebEx, Skype).
- Working knowledge of e-learning software (Articulate, Camtasia).
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to learn and teach new systems.
- Proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint, Word).
- An action-oriented self-starter who is adaptive, flexible and responsive to change.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to form and maintain outstanding internal and external client and stakeholder relationships.
- Sound critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven time management skills and success managing multiple assignments.
- Keen attention to detail and visual design.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and facilitation skills (face-to-face and virtual).
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com an asset.
- Bilingual (French) preferred.
Genworth Canada is committed to providing an accessible work environment. This includes providing accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the selection process. Our Human Resources team would be pleased to work with applicants requesting accommodations to meet their individual needs.