At Miller’s Auto Recycling, our success and reputation have been built over the years by our valued employees. We are an established and growing company with potential growth opportunities.
“We want YOU to join our team”
Summary Description: As a Licensed Mechanic you will be required to ensure that all diagnostic and repair work on vehicles are completed in a timely fashion, while insuring that all procedures are followed and regulations are met. Responsible for ensuring that work area is clean and maintained while ensuring all safety procedures are followed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to trouble shoot and diagnosis mechanical and electrical issues
- On occasion consult with clients to further explain diagnoses of vehicle issues
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrication's and tune ups
- May be required to fill in for service advisor position when need.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Automotive Service Technician - Certificate
- Experience an asset ( 1-2 years preferred )
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Must have own tools
- Ability to manage time efficiently to ensure good productivity.
- must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work assignments
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to move/lift up to 50 lbs
- Standing for long period of time
- Exposure to dust and occasional fumes
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mechanical: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journeyman (Preferred)
- Trade Certificate (Required)